The role of Chapter Manager for WiFi Tribe is a demanding yet fulfilling one. Our Chapter Managers are primarily responsible for the day to day running of our many locations.
We look for people with personality and passion, who are fun, friendly and approachable; but most of all, who enjoy looking after other people.
MISSION: Provide a smooth, enriching experience to our members whilst on chapter.
- Manage a chapter/location (4+ weeks) of 12 to 25 members
- Review and prepare accommodation for the arrival of the group
- Ensure that the internet is working well and that backups are available
- Relay accommodation-related issues to the landlord to resolve quickly
- Relay issues to the rest of the team for learning and resolving
- Help the sourcing team find new properties for future chapters. This includes local viewings as well as online researching
- Collect information about our destinations in the form of guides or wikis
- Work with the content marketing team to create content about the location (writing/blogging)
- Always be professional, inclusive, respectful, supportive, and reliable in your communication and action towards members
- Fine-tuned emotional intelligence: able to understand others’ emotions and communicate empathetically and tactfully
- Excellent communication
- Strong organisational skills
- IT savvy
- Community builder – You’re a people person. You show kindness, empathy and build strong relationships. You’ve got genuine excitement and passion for helping customers
- Solutionary – You’re resourceful. A natural problem-solver. Your colleagues, coworkers, and friends know you as the person that always figures things out. You experiment often and can teach yourself anything you need to know
- Achiever – You’re self-motivated and thrive without much external management. You just need a goal, and you know you will be able to find a way to achieve it
- Level-headed – You enjoy a challenge. The job will constantly present you new challenges and difficult situations. You are positive and have the ability to deal with all situations in a calm and mature manner. You’re responsible and professional at all times.
- Influencer/Charmer – You’re a natural leader. You’re the brightest star, always energetic, enthusiastic, positive, friendly, confident and motivated.
- Natural planner – You’re one of the most organised people you know and you always plan things far in advance.
- Start-uper – You thrive in fast-paced environments and love the feeling of working in a start-up, despite its challenges and the hectic nature of it. You don’t crack under pressure.
- Maximiser – You know what you’re capable of and you set your bar just a little higher. You know that this stretch is where you grow.
- Finisher – You get things done.
- You must be able to work worldwide. This means being the holder of a passport that allows you to travel to pretty much any destination
- At least 1 year in travel/tourism industry
- At least 1 year in a customer service role
- Previous travel experience
- Fluent in Spanish
- Experience in a remote team environment
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Experience with and passion for leading groups
- Wired and wireless network/router setup, testing and management
WHO WILL I WORK WITH?
You will work closely with other trip managers, the operations and tribe support teams, whilst being remote on chapter.
WHY WORK WITH WIFI TRIBE?
WiFi Tribe is a leading community for digital nomads. When working with us you’re undertaking not only a job but a lifestyle. A life that involves traveling to some of the most exotic destinations in the world, coworking side-by-side with some of the most amazing people you’ll ever meet, and building meaningful relationships with them through shared experiences that tie you together for life.
As a member of our chapter crew, you will be the face of WiFi Tribe – dealing with our members each day and ensuring that they have the experience of a lifetime! We have very, very high expectations of our team – only the best will do.
PERKS + COMPENSATION
- $18,000-$30,000 p.a. (€16k-€26k / £12k-£23k)
- Accommodation (while on a trip)
- The chance to contribute in the early stages to a rapidly growing start-up, positioned with a strong brand in a market that is accelerating
- Career progression opportunities after 1-2 years to join the ‘main office’ in operations, marketing, sales, product, business development, etc.
- Remote work (a few months a year fully remote, the rest of the year working on-location while traveling the world!)
- 2 training chapters to learn alongside an experienced chapter manager
- Be part of a tight-knit community of 400+ remote-working, entrepreneurial professionals and build an insanely powerful global network
- Sponsored learning resources (e-books, audiobooks, online courses, etc.)