NerdWallet’s mission is to provide clarity for all of life’s financial decisions. As a Community Support Specialist, you’ll help provide customer service, technical support, and basic financial advice to NerdWallet’s rapidly growing membership base. As part of the User Operations team, you will be a key part of ensuring an excellent member experience on NerdWallet.com. You’ll help members with account issues, credit score questions, product recommendations, and more in both 1:1 and 1:many platforms.
We are looking for Nerds with a passion for helping people and an interest in personal finance as we significantly expand the product experiences offered to NerdWallet’s members. This role will consist primarily of moderating user generated content cross multiple platforms and providing members with appropriate resources and guidance as they continue on their financial journey.
Where you can make an impact:
- Help consumers improve their lives through better financial decisions. You will do this by assisting our members in successfully utilizing tools and features that can help them improve their financial lives – always with their best interests in mind.
- Become a true technical product expert across NerdWallet’s offerings.
- Clearly communicate complicated topics to people of all ages, backgrounds, and financial situations, with empathy and understanding.
- Demonstrate an ability to work both efficiently and effectively, achieving maximum customer satisfaction with minimum response time in all interactions.
- Provide technical and financial guidance and resources to members through a variety of public-facing channels, including community forum
- Moderate user generated content in NerdWallet’s community spaces with a high degree of accuracy, friendliness, and speed, meeting all defined SLAs
- Track data in accordance with parameters set for each specific platform
- Escalate member issues where necessary and work with other User Operations team members to determine best course of action
- Assist with daily moderation tasks within the NW community, such as approving pending posts, recategorizing mis-categorized posts, and auditing for inappropriate content
- Communicate regularly with Community Manager to surface any member issues as they arise
- Assist with miscellaneous project-based tasks as needed
- Passionate about personal finance and customer service
- A warm and effective communicator with customers via online channels. You are excited to ensure all users have a great experience at NerdWallet!
- Detail-oriented and data-driven, able to manage multiple tools to drive issues to resolution
- Able to professionally and efficiently handle all incoming requests and direct users to the right resources, with a sense of urgency
- Able to be highly productive with little oversight on a day to day basis. This role is intended for somebody who will take meaningful responsibility, with experience balancing numerous concurrent demands.
- Prior experience in a technical support or customer service role
- Familiarity with workplace tools such as Zendesk, Confluence, JIRA, Trello, and community platforms such as Discourse
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- A people-centric attitude and passion for helping others
- A high degree of ownership and confidentiality
- Willingness to “nerd out” about consumer credit and personal finance!
- Remote work experience preferred
- Fintech experience preferred, but not required
- This is a remote position and requires availability during our business hours (9am-5pm EST)
- Minimum of 20 hours per week preferred with the preference being 4 hrs/daily 5 days per week
- Hours may be scheduled/assigned based on business needs, demand and availability.
- Training to be conducted remotely
- This is a 6-month contract position with potential opportunity for extension or full-time offer.