About Your Role
The Content Brief Editor works closely with the editorial team, and the Visual Asset Team manager, writing content briefs to support high-volume creative production across multiple brands.
About Your Contributions
- Superb research and writing skills; meticulous attention to detail
- An impeccable command of the English language
- Ability to work independently
- Understanding of writing for the web, including keyword optimization
- Experience writing in-depth articles for healthcare a plus
- This is a remote role but NYC-based candidate is most desirable (although not required)
- Basic HTML language skills
- Experience tagging and editing in Google Suite (Sheets)
- Must be willing to commit to 40 hours/week to this project on an ongoing basis
- Must be able to work quickly and accurately to research, update, and improve content
- Must be willing to adopt and adhere to provided content updating guidelines/tone/style
- Improve an article’s overall SEO value based on provided keyword data
- Experience writing content for a blog, magazine, or media outlet
- Past copy editing experience a plus
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Byrdie, MyDomaine, Brides and ThoughtCo.
Please be aware of fraudulent recruiters offering opportunities at Dotdash. Note that any correspondence with a member of the Dotdash recruiting team will come from a @dotdash.com or a firstname.lastname@example.org account belonging to a Dotdash Recruiter. If you are in conversations for a job opportunity and wish to confirm its validity, please reach out directly to email@example.com.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.