Routes North is the web’s number one travel guide to Scandinavia. Our fun, honest content helps more than 130,000 people plan trips to Sweden, Denmark, Finland, and Norway every single month, and we’re on a mission to prove that this beautiful part of the world really can be affordable enough to visit!
We’re growing quickly and would love to find an experienced content manager and SEO specialist to work for us on a freelance basis. If you’re passionate about creating top-ranking travel content and have experience of managing and growing content sites on WordPress, we’d love to hear from you!
The Remote Content Manager Job
Working with a team of remote writers, you’ll be planning, writing, editing and publishing travel articles on our website. You’ll own the process of commissioning new content for the site, with a strong focus on driving traffic and increasing affiliate revenue. This is a remote position with lots of flexibility (you can work anywhere, any time) and good scope to grow with our team.
You will need to have:
- A deep understanding of content and SEO. You’ll know what makes pages perform well, and be comfortable using data to decide what to publish and when. We’re looking for someone with a track record of growing traffic and engagement through epic content that’s both fun and useful.
- Lots of WordPress experience. You’ll be uploading posts and images, but will also need to add rich features to posts, like HTML tables and videos, and be comfortable working with affiliate links and widgets (so good CSS and HTML skills are a definite advantage).
- Editing experience. You’ll be happy providing writers with detailed briefs, and will be responsible for ensuring they follow house style.
- Basic image skills. You’ll be comfortable sourcing, cropping and creating artwork and images.
It would be seriously nice if you have:
- Google Analytics skills and an understanding of CRO
- An interest in travel and Scandinavia (even if it’s just for the meatballs)
What we can offer:
- Flexible part-time hours (approx. 18 hours per week)
- Remote working
- Full training where required
- Good hourly rates
- Reporting directly to the co-founder, you’ll have a chance to shape the company and grow with it.