Founded in 2013, Thistle is an early stage food-tech startup empowering our customers to get and stay healthy. We deliver delicious, organic, healthy, plant-forward meals, cold-pressed juices and snacks to customers in California who want to put their nutrition on auto-pilot.
We don’t want to be just another food delivery startup. Our focus is on the health and happiness of our customers, and we are revolutionizing how fresh, nutritious, high-quality food is purchased, manufactured, and delivered at scale. Thistle is headquartered in San Francisco and we are backed by some amazing investors in the Bay Area and beyond.
We’re looking for an exceptional data analyst to join our growth team! We are looking for someone with a quantitative background who is deeply curious, highly analytical, and collaborative to identify key metrics, conduct rigorous analyses, and use data to develop actionable insights that improve the business. This role reports directly to the SVP Growth & Strategy and will partner closely with each of our core team leads.
What You’ll Do:
- Data systems. Build data pipelines to integrate data from multiple sources. Automate analyses in order to derive insights and answer ad-hoc questions. . Build primary reporting for various teams at the company. Create innovative and actionable data dashboards for different departments.
- Data exploration. Proactively explore data to discover hidden insights or connections and use these to develop new metrics. Run ad hoc analyses to answer specific day to day questions or support larger initiatives.
- Product Analytics. Understand our product roadmap through deep analytical research, customer interviews, and data mining – then help set product roadmap accordingly.
- Engagement. Understand why customers leave and help predict / prevent churn. Improve retention rates through email campaigns, giveaways and upsells.
- Product Marketing. Optimize communication strategy through rigorous testing. Expand reach with new channel testing.
- Profit Maximization. Get into the weeds on major cost drivers and opportunities to reduce costs, improve efficiencies or increase basket size.
What You’ll Bring:
- 2+ years of relevant experience with a proven track record of leveraging analytics to drive significant business impact
- Highly analytical. Quantitative degree required (CS, Engineering, Mathematics, Econometrics, Statistics, or a related field)
- Must be experienced in SQL. Familiarity with Python a plus
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Chartio, etc. a plus
- Ability to own projects from strategy through execution
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks at once while prioritizing efficiently
- Must be local to Bay Area – this is not a remote role
Who You Are:
- Passionate about health, wellness & food!
- Must be scrappy, willing to do more with less and able to creatively problem solve.
- Must be able to both thrive on autonomy but also work collaboratively
- Bonus points if you have previous high-growth startup experience.
Life at Thistle:
- Join a diverse, passionate & driven team of all backgrounds
- Delicious & nutritious meals, snacks & juice to help keep you feeling healthy and energized
- Casual work environment
- Fun team outings (BBQs, happy hours, etc.)
- Comprehensive health benefits (medical, dental, vision) to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation & sick policy
- Competitive salary & equity package
Diversity and inclusion are essential values at Thistle. We know we’ll do our best and most impactful work when we feel we’re represented and we belong. We’re proud to actively recruit and hire talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.