You’ll work closely with teammates on the marketing, product, engineering, and support teams to identify areas for growth and work directly on designing & implementing experiments to test your ideas. Using a data-driven approach, you’ll own and manage day-to-day execution of campaigns across existing & new acquisition channels. While much of your time will initially focus on new customer acquisition, you’ll also have the opportunity to contribute to improvements across the entire funnel. Our customers are eCommerce store owners or managers, so it’s important to us to simplify and streamline the funnel, make email marketing fun and approachable, and help them get even more value from our platform.
We’ve worked with long-term contractors for growth thus far, so as our first full-time growth hire, you’ll influence & design strategies that we’ll use as the team grows. You’ll help shape our patterns, tooling, workflows, and processes. You’ll also be responsible for moving your projects forward, communicating your progress and milestones with others, and clearly documenting your work (we try to have good documentation on why we’ve made previous decisions for new team members to reference).
Here are some things you may do on a given day:
- Design an experiment to test a new growth channel
- Write copy for a new landing page and implement an A/B test to measure your experiment
- Analyze performance for our retargeting campaigns
- Draft a proposal to implement a new marketing tool
- Watch session recordings of visitor interaction with our site to identify areas for improvement
- Create a new in-app message to increase app reviews
- Develop & launch a new paid search campaign
- Work closely with the content team to package content together for a lead magnet
- Tweak our lifecycle email campaigns to improve retention
- Provide feedback on new product features & changes that could impact growth
- Evaluate an agency pitch to improve our Facebook ad campaigns
- Deeply analyze usage data to identify ways to improve product activation
On the first day you will:
- Meet your team and get familiar with how we work
- Setup a test account & store
- Revise some copy on the marketing site
In the first week you will:
- Propose & implement an A/B test on a high-traffic page on the marketing site
- Review and understand our product & marketing analytics
- Provide feedback on an existing marketing campaign
- Contribute to improvements for our onboarding course and design documentation based on your experience
In the first month you will:
- Audit and deeply learn our entire funnel
- Work closely with your marketing teammates to ship a growth experiment that focuses on new customer acquisition
- Publish a retrospective on your first large project to share successes, document the reasoning behind decisions we made, and add planned improvements for the next project
Who you’ll work with:
- Max Rice, CEO – Max is very hands-on with our marketing and you’ll work closely with him to design & implement growth projects across the funnel.
- Josh Catone, Head of Content – Josh leads our content efforts and you’ll work with him to leverage content in all different areas.
- Beka Rice, Head of Product – You’ll work with Beka to understand our product in detail and learn all the ways that our customers use Jilt.
- You’ll also collaborate with contractors as needed to execute on larger projects
You’re part-storyteller, part-scientist, with an obsession to experiment and learn. You’re analytical and rigorous, with a deep understanding of the metrics that define growth, but willing to listen to your gut and act on your intuition. You know that sustainable growth is about attracting and cultivating a customer base that loves your product, not one-time hacks that drive low-quality sign-ups. You have a strong attention to detail with a demonstrated ability to think strategically and execute tactically.
You love keeping up-to-date with the latest strategies and tools, and are constantly tweaking and improving the way you work. You’re curious and excited to learn, so adopting new tooling or digging into a new channel is something you’re keen to take on. (After all, it is a new experience for you to learn from!) You know how to operate a hydraulic press, or at least watched a YouTube video about them and think they’re totally rad.
You’re excited to solve growth challenges in the most pragmatic way possible, and most importantly, you keep the customer in mind and love getting feedback to help improve our growth.
Finally, you can’t wait to join a small team that loves their work as much as you do, affords the opportunity to work on challenging & interesting projects, continuously learn and improve, and constantly ship your work. You’re an excellent writer and can communicate effectively whether drafting up a pitch document, chatting in Slack, editing a wiki page, or drafting a retrospective. You know that effective marketing is about communication and explaining your thought process clearly goes hand-in-hand.
To succeed in this position, you should have:
- 3+ years of experience in a growth marketing or similar role, including the development, execution, and optimization of campaigns
- Strong empathy for the customer and a love for simplifying their experience through the funnel
- Experience with key digital marketing channels, as well as analytics and A/B testing tools
- Bonus: prior experience working in a growth role at a B2B SaaS company
- Bonus: an understanding of and passion for the eCommerce space
After an initial screening, you’ll get an email with a few questions to answer. Following that, you’ll have a few 45 minute phone chats with different people on our team to learn more about you and answer any questions you have about the position and company.
The most qualified candidates will then be invited to complete a short one-day research project. If this goes well, we’ll invite you to the final stage of our evaluation process: the trial project. During this ~2 week period, you’ll work closely with your future manager, as well as a few other team members, as a paid contractor to develop and ship a small marketing campaign. You’ll be welcomed in Slack, introduced to any team members you may be working with, and will have regular chats with your future manager to share feedback and make sure all is going well. This brief trial period is a great way for you to make sure you enjoy the work and the team, and it also gives us an opportunity to do the same. At the end of the period, assuming a great experience for all, you’ll be offered a full time position 🎉Then the real fun and full onboarding experience will begin! 😄
Please apply below. Applications accepted through April 15th.
Our team is fully-remote and we communicate primarily through Slack, Basecamp, Google Docs, Clubhouse, and weekly stand-ups via Zoom (a few short meetings) — we believe the best work happens when given lots of uninterrupted time that’s free of distractions.
As a remote team, we believe that regular meetups are invaluable for getting to know each other better, so you should be available for 1-2 company-paid team trips per year. Curious about what those are like? Check out our recap of our last team retreat (SkyTrip), which brought the entire team out to Lake Tahoe, California for a week. It’s a plus if you think (like we do) that bears are absolutely the coolest animals in the forest. 🐻
This is a full-time, salaried position, but hours are flexible. We know your work will speak for itself with new channel experiments, landing pages, ad campaigns, and retrospectives.
Here are some benefits we’re happy to offer to our team members:
– Competitive salary
– Annual Profit Sharing
– 27 days of paid time-off, in addition to 2 company holidays (SkyVerge Day in March, Founders Day in June 😀)
– Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance for US and Canadian residents and their families (reimbursements for comparable care for non-US/Canadian residents)
– 401k/RRSP Retirement plan with 4% company match for US/Canadian residents (contributions to comparable plans for non-US/Canadian residents)
– Up to 8 weeks paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers
– Work flexible hours from anywhere that has a reliable internet connection
– Tools (hardware/software) to help you be productive
– Allowance for professional growth (books, courses, conferences)
– Home office or co-working allowance
– A Kindle to help you keep learning
We support workplace diversity and do not discriminate on any protected class. We believe when we work together as a team of different views, experiences, and ideas, we can build amazing things.