Alegeus is the market leader in consumer directed healthcare solutions, offering the industry’s most comprehensive platform for the administration of healthcare benefit accounts, the industry’s most widely-used benefit debit card, and powerful engagement solutions to help consumers maximize savings and optimize spending for their healthcare. Over 300 clients – including health insurance plans, third party administrators and financial institutions – leverage Alegeus’ deep expertise and proven technology to administer benefit accounts for more than 29 million members and process more than $8.9 billion in consumer healthcare payments annually. As the healthcare and benefit markets continue to evolve, Alegeus delivers solutions that enable clients to evolve their service offerings, operate their businesses more efficiently, and focus on their customers.
Alegeus is part of the Vista Equity Partners portfolio of companies, working in partnership with the market-leading technology investment firm to reinvent the consumer directed healthcare marketplace. Our talented associates benefit from this partnership through increased capital for strategic investments, access to exceptional toolkits, best practices and resources for success, and strong cultural and value alignment focused on talent development and growth.
Alegeus seeks a Project Manager to join our dedicated, passionate team of professionals. The Project Manager reports to the Director of Professional Services and is responsible for helping our company succeed by leading implementation project teams to ensure flawless execution.
Your mission is to ensure that every new client has an exceptionally positive onboarding experience and becomes a referenceable client. Your consultative approach ensures best practices are persuasively presented throughout the implementation process, positioning Alegeus as a valued trusted advisor. As a team leader, you encourage and support the efforts of the implementation team assigned to each project. As a project management professional, you seek continuous process improvement opportunities throughout each project to ensure continuous improvement and efficiency.
The desired candidate is expected to have an understanding of the Alegeus operating model and system infrastructure or the industry knowledge and experience to quickly grasp and internalize it. Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills are a must. The ability and willingness to work as needed to ensure every project is successful is key. During certain times of the year this can include extended hours and weekend work for extended periods of time.
ROLE BASED COMPETENCIES:
The desired candidate will have direct experience managing client-facing projects that follow project management best practices as prescribed by the Project Management Institute (PMI). They demonstrate exceptional organizational, communication and presentation skills and have a working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of products, including Project, Visio, PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
The candidate will have a demonstrated track record of successfully working in matrixed organizations, providing services to a variety of internal and external clients, and successfully leading teams. They are persistent, detail oriented, and work efficiently to meet all deadlines and deliverables. They bring an optimistic and positive approach to problem solving and join their colleagues in creating successful solutions for complex problems.
At Alegeus, equally important to the “What” (the individual performance goals that each employee commits to in support of the company’s overall success) is the “How” (the framework of principles that guide how we work together to drive our business forward). Overall performance success includes individual delivery on our corporate values:
Accountability Empowerment Protect the Family Challenging
Collaborative Fun & Passionate Results Over Activity Integrity
Innovation Value One Another Customer Focused
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, deliverables, workstreams, milestones and project timeline
- Create detailed project plans utilizing appropriate resource levels and secure stakeholder approval
- Communicate project status and details clearly and effectively with all stakeholders
- Execute and manage the project plan to successful completion
- Champion all project changes through the Change Order process to successful completion
- Provide direction and support for the project team
- Set up project site within SharePoint and ensure all project artifacts are documented and filed
- Escalate issues quickly and accurately to the appropriate stakeholders
- Ensure that project scope is met and that client expectations are exceeded
- Ensure all deliverables are on time, within budget, and of the highest quality
- Lead and document “Lessons Learned” session within 30 days of go-live
- Engage Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) as necessary to ensure best possible solutions
- Update Professional Services scorecard weekly and represent project during status meetings
- BA/BS required
- Relevant work experience in healthcare technology, benefits administration, financial services, financial operations, software operations or related fields
- Demonstrated experience successfully leading mid-sized and large-sized projects using PMI principles
- Working knowledge and understanding of the US healthcare system, health plan operations, Consumer Driven Health Plan (CDHP) purpose and functions, and CDHP funding
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification is not required but is expected within 12 months of hire date or before promotion between job levels is considered. It is a prerequisite for, but not a guarantee of, promotion.
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS, SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- A positive attitude and positive self-expectancy in all situations with a high stress tolerance
- A strong believer in the power of teams as a leader and team member
- A passion for Consumer Driven Healthcare, behavioral economics, the value we create for the end user and ultimately the positive impact we make on their lives on a daily basis
- Life-long learner with strong interest in learning new things and comfort in pushing new boundaries
- A critical thinker with a passion for organizing and problem solving
- A hands-on, detail-orientated leader who understands and embraces technology
- Strong decision-making, conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Must be adaptable and embrace change