The Voting Rights Lab is seeking a Legislative Counsel for a 6 month engagement to support our legislative and policy work across the country.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Utilize online tracking and search tools to help monitor voting rights and election administration legislative activity in all 50 states in real time
- Provide bill analysis, summaries, and other support for our advocacy staff working to advance our legislative agenda in key states
- Conduct in-depth legal and policy research and analysis on legislation that we are monitoring
What we’re looking for in you:
- Strong legal research, analytical, and writing skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong project and time management skills
- Excellent relationship-building skills and ability to collaborate with the rest of the Voting Rights Lab team
- Ability to read and analyze legislation and summarize it for both legal and non-legal audiences
- Experience working with diverse communities and committed to acting on the belief that racial equity and social justice are critical components to our work
- Law degree or commensurate experience
- Experience in voting rights and election administration law not required, but a plus
Details: This is a contract position, with the initial contract likely running for 6 months. The target compensation for this position is $6,400-$8,000/month for approximately 160 hours per month. The Voting Rights Lab is a virtual organization; contractors can be based anywhere in the United States.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: At the Voting Rights Lab we welcome and value diversity in our workforce and strive to create an inclusive culture and equitable workplace. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, educational attainment, disability, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and record of arrest or conviction. Applicants are not expected to provide any past or current compensation information during any phase of the interview process.
Please visit votingrightslab.org for more information.