Who We Are
Sierra Interactive builds web-based tools for real estate professionals to grow their businesses. As a tech startup that’s been around for 10+ years, our customers rely on our products as an essential part of their day-to-day operations. These clients keep us in business, and we’re committed to providing them with impactful, highly functional tools to help them thrive.
About This Role
As a Product Manager, you’ll be tasked with researching and managing the design and development of key features of our platform, as well as assisting members of our sales and marketing team to communicate the value of those features through various marketing channels.
On a day-to-day basis, you’ll work closely with our web design and development teams to oversee new feature development. While there will be an opportunity to do some simple prototyping and web design within this job, this is not a design position or a programming position. Instead, your main focus will be to plan, guide and supervise feature development from conception through launch, and to assist in promoting the value of those features to existing and prospective clients.
In a typical day, you’ll be managing the development of multiple new features, each at different stages of completion. For one feature, you might spend time soliciting feedback from team members and considering possible use-cases before creating a detailed specification for our design team. For another feature, you might be providing completed design mockups to our development team, along with specific instructions on how programming should be integrated with the mockups to create an initial working version. For a third feature, you might be working with our development team to continue testing and providing feedback on a new feature in our dev environment, honing it for launch.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Act as project lead to supervise new feature development from initial design requirements all the way through to launch
- Develop direct relationships with key clients, soliciting their ideas and feedback to help guide the development of new features and continue to improve the usefulness of existing features
- Help inform our marketing efforts for new features, fashioning them into a compelling story
- Work with company leadership, other team members and key clients to maintain a feature development roadmap, establishing priority and timeline for each feature
You’re ready to contribute to the work and culture of a growing tech startup, in that:
- You’re excited at the prospect of mastering a subject and working in it day to day. You take pride in learning a product in its entirety, not just at a high level but through all its intricacies and edge cases
- You’re a hard worker with a proven track record of getting things done carefully and efficiently. You’re patient and pay close attention to the details
- You’re organized and able to juggle multiple priorities at one time. You have the ability to switch gears quickly and re-adjust your focus as needed
- Working with people makes you happy. You’re a talented communicator and can artfully break down, solve, and explain complex issues
- Your writing skills are top notch. The product requirements you provide to our design and development teams will need to be clear and precise, outlining both the need for each feature and also the details of how each one should be implemented.
- You’re a collaborator and team player. Your joy comes from assisting in the creation of the best work possible — recognizing and implementing good ideas wherever they may be found, placing the good of the product ahead of the need for personal recognition.
In order to be considered for this job, you’ll need to:
- Have a minimum of 3 years experience managing or working in product design / development, preferably working on a SaaS or other digital product
- Understand the basics of web development (front-end and server-side) and how the separate pieces come together to create the whole
- Have a BS or BA degree or equivalent work experience
As a bonus (though not required):
- You have experience working with a web-based CRM
- You have experience working in responsive web design
- You have experience in app design
- You have experience in working remotely (and loved it)
Starting pay for this role depends on experience. Benefits are available contingent upon completion of a 90 day on-boarding period and include:
- Paid holidays and paid time off.
- Choice to opt-in to join our company-sponsored group health/vision/dental insurance.
- Simple IRA employer matching contributions.
Something else that’s important to you? Talk to us. We’re flexible and committed to providing a healthy work environment where great people can thrive.