Founded in 1999, SurveyMonkey changed the way people gather feedback by making it easy for anyone to create their own online surveys. Today, SurveyMonkey’s mission is to power curious individuals and organizations to measure, benchmark and act on the opinions that drive success. Our People Powered Data platform enables conversations at scale to deliver impactful customer, employee and market insights. The company’s 700+ employees are dedicated to fueling the curiosity of over 16 million active users globally. For more information about SurveyMonkey, please visit surveymonkey.com.
Who We’re Looking For
We’re looking for a talented senior designer to lead the design of one of our three Solutions products. You’ll be responsible for working with Product to shape the future of the app, how our customers interact with it, and what it looks like. As such, we need a designer looking for an ownership opportunity across UX, UI, and strategy – it’s a big job and we’re looking for a bold creative to lead a supportive cross-functional team.
Strong visual design, product design, usability, and communication skills are essential. Experience contributing to a central design system is a major plus and you will have opportunity to participate as we evolve ours. Interest in data visualization and business strategy is essential for success.
We’re on a mission to bring better design to the business world, and while we’re at it we’d like to make our mark with stunning data viz, personable interfaces, and a commitment to empathizing with our users. If you believe that great design belongs everywhere and have the mettle to make it happen, we should definitely talk.
- 5+ years of experience on a product design team working across the entire product development lifecycle and successfully shipping products. Saas experience required.
- Experience independently leading complex, in-house design projects.
- Experience working effectively with cross-functional teams including shepherding designs through the development process.
- Experience collaborating with other designers to create a cohesive cross-product experience, both leveraging and contributing to a centralized design system.
- Solid user-centered design fundamentals with information architecture, interaction design and visual design skills and the ability to quickly produce high quality deliverables across the range of disciplines.
- Demonstrated ability to write clear, effective UI copy.
- Ability to present design solutions at all levels of the organization with clear, articulate rationale.
- Proficient with Sketch, Invision, Creative Suite, and knowledgeable about HTML, CSS, modern browser technologies, and cross-device design.
- Portfolio showcasing examples of product design work.
Why Work Here?
We are a remote team. As long as your work day overlaps the Pacific timezone by at least four hours, where you live and work is up to you. We’re not strangers though — in addition to a sane amount of video calls, we meet up quarterly to get to know each other better and have some fun. In the past year, we’ve been bowling in Phoenix, made sushi in San Francisco, and toured a brewery.
Naturally, we offer competitive salaries and annual bonuses, medical/dental benefits, generous PTO, 401k, paid holidays, and meaningful equity compensation. We also supply you with top of the line equipment for your home office.
Finally, in a world of clunky “enterprise” software, we consider great UX and visual design to be a strategic advantage, and we need you to help us keep improving. Our track record gives our team a lot of autonomy — this is your chance to rethink how “business solutions” should look and function, and to have fun while doing it.
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays and parental leave, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.