Are you ready for a mission? The next generation of leaders needs your help.
At ThinkCERCA, we believe critical thinking is the catalyst for change. We build software to teach critical thinking skills by helping students become better writers. Bill Gates called our tools “game-changing” and we’ve seen great results.
But there’s still more we can do.
We’re looking for a product manager to guide our team and make ThinkCERCA even better. You must be passionate about teamwork, great at working with remote colleagues, and love what we stand for.
ThinkCERCA is an impact-driven company (read our guiding values) committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace (more about that here). We’re a remote-friendly company, with teammates around the globe. If you’d like to work from our headquarters in downtown Chicago, that’s great! If you’re based elsewhere, that’s cool too!
We hope you’ll join us.
You will lead our product design and development process by…
- Interviewing teachers, students and school administrators, as well as internal stakeholders to understand their needs
- Researching the competitive landscape
- Digging in to analytics and other usage information to make data-driven decisions
- Leading design exercises to refine our learnings and establish goals
- Working with our sales, support, and executive team to understand business needs
- Developing and prioritizing requirements, charting a roadmap for our team
- Shepherding an agile process to execute the roadmap and build great software!
We’re a small company, so ideally you’re the kind of person who’s comfortable doing many different jobs. You’ll be serving as our product manager, and also our lead user researcher, and project manager.
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a Business Analyst, Product Manager, Product Designer or similar product management role
- Demonstrated success launching great digital products
- Passion for working in an agile, iterative fashion
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with teammates on a Central Time (Chicago) schedule
- Authorization to work legally in the United States
- A commitment to diversity and building an inclusive workplace
Bonus points for…
- Experience leading the design and development of a software-as-a-service product.
- Experience in education, and education technology
- Familiarity with the many perks and challenges of remote work, and experience working successfully with a remote team