TaxJar is the leading technology solution for busy eCommerce sellers to manage sales tax and is trusted by more than 15,000 businesses. Our mission is to make ecommerce easier for everyone.
Our Core Values
- We do the right thing for our customers.
- We’re a team, built on trust.
- We’re proud to be remote.
- We’re in control of our own destiny.
TaxJar’s remote-only team of almost 90 people is growing fast. We’re currently looking for a highly-experienced, highly-detail-oriented Support Analyst – TaxJar Pro who wants to make a difference on a growing, experienced Customer Services team.
TaxJar offers a Pro version of our platform specifically for Accountants/CPAs/Tax Advisors. We are looking for a someone who is fanatical about providing an exceptional customer service experience for Tax Advisors, which will encourage them to bring their own clients to the TaxJar Pro platform and drive revenue.
We are looking for someone who is fanatical about helping businesses succeed, can develop great relationships with our Tax Advisors, and ensure these customers receive quick and accurate product support.
The right candidate will be someone who enjoys speaking with people, has great organizational and communication skills, and is a team player who can work well with numerous different personality types, always with a smile.
*This is a full-time remote position based in the US only.
As a Support Analyst – TaxJar Pro you will
- Provide on-going support to Tax Advisor Pro customers
- Help onboard new Pro customers, establish a working relationship with Pro customers
- Spend time on calls, listening to and talking with Pro customers
- Provide answers to basic sales tax consulting questions
- Spend time getting to know the Pro customer’s profile
- Track all Pro customer requests and trending issues, and be thoughtful about what is most important to each individual Pro customer and how we can best support them
- Track feedback from Pro customer interactions to contribute to improved on-boarding experiences and product roadmap
- Be knowledgeable about the near-term product roadmap and able to speak to it, establish a trusted partnership with the customer
- Experienced delivering customer or technical support (2+ years)
- Adaptable, professional, courteous, and motivated
- Someone who works well alone or as a member of a team
- Someone with demonstrated success exceeding customer expectations
- Committed to success from the Pro customer’s point of view
- Enthusiastic about teaching
- Extremely patient…sales tax can be painful and our goal is to ease that pain 🙂
- A rapid learner who thrives in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Highly-skilled in written and verbal communications, as well as customer handling
- Thoughtful around what we can commit to Pro customers so that we can deliver a great experience
- Understanding of the tech feedback loop and ensuring our Channel Manager is hearing common concerns, feature requests, and industry needs
- Able to explain complex concepts in easy to understand language
- Interested in understanding the ins-and-outs of sales tax
- Attentive to details, both in communication and in explaining how TaxJar works
- Someone with prior experience working with CPAs and finance-related folks, understanding the ins and outs of their day-to-day job is definitely a plus
- Familiarity with analysis and debugging a plus
- BONUS POINTS if you have previously filed sales tax returns for more than 1 year in multiple states
You’ll be a great fit for TaxJar if you
- Only want to work remotely
- Are a PRO at communicating and collaboration
- Highly value working with people you like and respect
- Are accountable
- Are confident in your skills and a solid team player (We’re peers here, no egos please) but also comfortable working asynchronously
- Are hungry to play an impactful role and not afraid to fail
We’re a happy team and we all really love what we do. We’ve created a space where high-achievers can succeed, but are also safe to fail. We’re profitable and focused on growing TaxJar sustainably. We’re always learning how to make TaxJar the best place to work for all of us, and not just another tech startup. We’re always looking for an amazing new teammates to come share in the excitement of solving real-world problems with technology.
- Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- $1,000 in professional development credit
- Home office stipend
- Equity in a profitable company
- 2x year all-company in person retreats (fully paid for by us of course)
- Mandatory Birthday holiday!
- 12 week paid maternity/ 6 week paid paternity leave
- Monthly perks reimbursement for things like Netflix, Amazon Prime, your gym membership, home internet and more
Visit www.TaxJar.com/jobs for a full list of our benefits and to learn more about how we work and what we stand for.
If you’re not the perfect fit for this position, but you know someone who is, we’ll pay you $1,000 if you refer us to the person we hire.