Lambda School is a combination of a school and an investment fund. Lambda School’s mission is to find untapped or underutilized talent, and to train that talent for the most in-demand jobs in the world. Lambda School is pioneering a new model of higher education in which the school invests in the students, instead of the other way around.
Lambda has just successfully completed its Series B fund raising round with premier tier venture investors. We are operating in 40+ states across the US today and eyeing international expansion opportunities.
Lambda X is a place for students to get real experience building a product guided by managers from the industry. As a UX manager in X, you will be working with the UX management team, product managers, engineering managers, and internal stakeholders to craft a product vision that will be built by new junior developers and designers fresh out of the Lambda curriculum into an apprenticeship environment.
We want the X products and projects to be real. This means we need real design direction. This will be an internal UX role that will act as the effective “creative manager” of UX students to align with product needs.
The core role of the position will be to set creative direction and systems in place that work more like a real work environment.
This should be a complement role to the Product and Process teams. They will support the internal Senior Product managers and provide vision and design to help accomplish internal product goals.
What You’ll Do
- Understand UX hiring manager expectations
- Get UX students to job-ready status with a focus on portfolios, resumes, and interviewing
- Provide critical and constructive feedback to UX students on their work
- Prepare and give lectures based upon UX student gaps in learning
- Collaborate on improving the curriculum across the UX program
What You’ll Need
- Minimum 4 years of experience as a professional UX Designer
- Strong visual design skills
- Experience creating design libraries
- Deep experience in UX processes
- Experience managing teams of designers and mentoring entry-level designers
- Have worked on a product development team as a partner with a product manager
Big plus, if you…
- Have a passion for education
- have prior early stage start up experience
- be student obsessed and always a student
- Have a non-traditional story. Many of our students have beaten a unique path to their new jobs. We like team members who have done the same
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer, and acts in this capacity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.