Headquarters: Toronto, Canada
We’re looking for a Director of Customer Support to lead a growing 13-person team. You’ll step into a department that has an absolutely stellar reputation for customer support, both internally and externally (don’t take our word for it: read what our customers say about us on places like g2.com).
Our Customer Support team provides 24/5 live chat support to tens of thousands of digital marketing professionals who use our platform worldwide. As Director of Customer Support, you’ll report to the VP of Customer Success, working to ensure world-class customer service, fulfill departmental and company goals, and support a growing and talented team of staff. Like our customers, our team is global, and we enjoy a fully remote yet highly connected work environment: The culture is friendly, open, and collaborative, with regular Slack conversations, Zoom meetings, and shared projects. Outside of your department, you’ll work alongside senior team members from Customer Success, Sales, Marketing, Product, and Engineering.
As a growing company, a key priority is to continually put processes and structures in place to ensure the department scales smoothly, while maintaining world-class customer service for our users. If you have experience scaling teams and processes, we want to hear from you.
We place a high priority on creating a positive, nurturing, and collaborative team environment: We’re specifically looking for someone with a proven track record of coaching staff members to achieve their best, and someone who knows how to rally a team to foster a tight-knit environment that crushes KPIs and wows customers.
This position is 100% remote and only eligible for those who are authorized to work in Canada. The time zone for the role is Canada Eastern Time.
- Own the strategy, hiring, promotions, and forward planning for the Customer Support department
- Train team members, and create effective onboarding pathways and content for team members
- Coach and provide regular feedback to team members, with a focus on conversation quality, accuracy of information, tone, and communication skills
- Ensure the Customer Support department can react quickly to company growth by implementing scalable processes, developing staff, and hiring
- Set standards and goals for the team, with a focus on metrics like response time, customer satisfaction, and workload balance across team members
- Develop clear and easy-to-follow guidelines for how our live chat support should be conducted
- Run weekly team meetings on important issues, goals, and updates relating to the department
- Manage a global team, ensuring processes are followed and quality is achieved in all regions
- Oversee internal and external Customer Support documentation
- Provide opportunities for long-term team member growth and development
- Use clear data, evidence, and best practices to drive all decisions
- Ensure a strong, positive, and collaborative culture among the Customer Support team, where achievements are recognized and team members feel well-supported in their work
- Profit-sharing, distributed quarterly
- Frequent promotions
- 4 weeks vacation and paid sick days
- Monthly Happy Hour
- Extended health benefits
- Continued education allowance
- Annual fitness allowance
- Work from anywhere in the world
- Join an extremely successful bootstrapped, product-focused, & customer-oriented team
- Long-term experience leading and scaling Customer Support teams and processes in fast-growing environments
- A long-term background in managing live chat customer support
- Ability to coach team members on communication style, messaging, delivery of information, and efficiency
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, with a keen awareness of how messaging and communication style can impact customer conversations and internal conversations
- Very high level of technical proficiency, and a clear understanding of how technology can enable a Customer Support team to thrive
- Ability to set and achieve strategy-based objectives with a team, and continually monitor and iterate to improve outcomes
- Ability to develop scalable processes, manage projects, and delegate work to ensure an efficient and productive environment
- A people-first mindset, with strong emotional intelligence and the ability to lead through inspiration
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with analytical and data-driven thinking, especially related to initiatives that can target adoption, expansion, and churn
- Ability to collaborate with multiple different departments to champion the needs of customers and your team
- An understanding of digital marketing agencies, their needs, and common SEO/marketing channels is desirable
- Copywriting or other writing/editorial experience is desirable
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in a relevant field
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/agencyanalytics-director-of-customer-support