Headquarters: New York, NY
Who we are:
AlphaSights is the leading global knowledge platform. Our sophisticated technology platform enables our clients, our people, and our experts to connect, collaborate, and transfer globally distributed knowledge faster than ever before. Professionals at investment firms, consultancies, corporations and nonprofits rely on us to connect them seamlessly with knowledgeable domain experts who help enhance their thinking, inform critical decisions and propel their business forward. Founded in 2008, AlphaSights currently employs more than 1,500 professionals in nine offices around the globe and regularly ranks as one of the fastest-growing companies in the world.
We are looking for a highly talented and driven Engineering Manager who takes pride in their work, to expand our Engineering team in the United States. Successful candidates will join a cross functional team including product managers and designers working closely with the rest of our business to deliver working code that solves real problems for both internal and external customers. You will manage both the technical and the people side of your teams; being both a career mentor as well as a technical mentor for your developers. You will spend a majority of your time ensuring the technical excellence of your team, unblocking your team for maximum delivery, and communicating your team’s needs and progress to the rest of the organization. As an engineering manager you are expected to be able to write and optimize code, as well as ensure that your developers can do the same. You’ll work closely with a variety of people in the business to arrive at the best solution, immediately see the impact of your work, and get feedback directly from users. If you have a strong passion for solving problems with code, and want to work with exceptional colleagues in a high achievement environment, this role is a good fit for you.
What you’ll do:
- Manage a team of software engineers, including task planning and code reviews
- Technically own (and typically build) large areas of our product and service ecosystem
- Work with Product Owners to flesh out business requirements and ensure that the team is solving the right problems to help the business
- Ensure that the team adheres to high standards and practices sustainable engineering
- Help your team grow from both a technical and career perspective.
- Follow an agile methodology for rapid, nimble delivery.
Who you are:
- You probably have a degree in a STEM subject, but we’re happy to work with people who perfected their craft via a different route.
- Experience working at a similar level in a mature Engineering team, and looking to take your career to the next level. We’re looking for people who have incredible potential.
- Technical expertise with Full stack: Experience working with at least one frontend framework, ideally React, as well as experience working on the backend systems. (We use Kotlin and a bit of Ruby.)
- Proven track record – You’ve made a demonstrable impact in your previous roles, standing out from your peers.
- Highly driven and proactive – you relentlessly and independently push through hurdles and drive towards excellent outcomes.
- Meticulous – you hold high standards and have an obsessive attention to detail.
- You probably have at least 5 years of professional development experience, and have at least 2 years of management experience
- You enjoy mentoring other team members, including code reviews and tech talks
This position is remote friendly. You will have the option to opt into one of the following work environments:
- In-office: New York, NY
- Remote: Only if you have/will have a permanent address in NY, NJ, PA, CT, NC, GA, FL, TX
Don’t worry if your experience or background doesn’t match all of these areas, we believe a broad spectrum of experience provides great perspective on solving problems in new and innovative ways and we’d love to hear from you.
Please note that unfortunately, we are unable to sponsor visas for this position. AlphaSights is an equal opportunity employer.
- $170k – 195k fixed annual base salary