Headquarters: New York, NY
AlphaSights is the global leader in knowledge on-demand. We connect investment and business leaders with a dynamic network of industry professionals whose informed perspectives help our clients make superior investment and business decisions. With 1200+ employees and nine offices across the US, Europe, Middle East, and Asia, AlphaSights regularly ranks as one of the fastest-growing companies in the world. Learn more at alphasights.com.
At AlphaSights, we believe that expertise can be transformative, and this view extends to the people we bring into our engineering organisation. You’ll be a key member of one of our multidisciplinary innovation pods, leveraging your unique experience, and expertise to make creative contributions to both our product and technical platform.
What will I be doing?
As a Software Engineer you will:
- Develop technical plans and contribute to our technical architecture as we scale our products to be the world’s leading research platform
- Write and push Kotlin and/or React code -> learn -> iterate
- Automatically built and released with CircleCI/Spinnaker
- Services hosted in AWS
- Grow our teams by bringing your unique experience to one of our global technical guilds
- Contribute to and improve our engineering best practices
- Work on projects that deliver value in short iterations, measuring success in definitive terms, testing out hypotheses and learning on the way.
- Benefit from AlphaSights’ platform, giving you access to world class experts to help inform your technical solutions
What skills do I need?
- 2+ years of industry experience in a software engineering role. You can demonstrate the significant impact that your work has had.
- Expertise in at least one software programming language (we use Kotlin, Ruby, Python, JS/React) but it doesn’t need to be a language that we use here! We view different perspectives as an advantage, expertise is the key.
- Experience working in a collaborative environment with other functional experts (e.g. other engineering teams, product, design, data science, domain experts…).
- A laser focus on delivering value to your users
- Experience of building reliable and performant systems, from scratch, and improving/refactoring existing.
Benefits & other nice things
- Sandbox day, the last Friday of every 2 week sprint
- Time to learn, and flex your creative muscles in an unconstrained environment.
- Generous learning budget to spend as you want (books, conferences, courses,…)
- Remote, in-office and hybrid working options available. Please speak to the team to learn more about our vision for the future of work at AlphaSights.
- Regular team events
- Best in class Health Insurance
- Social responsibility
- Knowledge for Good
At AlphaSights, we believe that investing in DEI is the right thing to do and is vital to driving progress. We go the extra mile to build teams of people with diverse backgrounds and experiences, because diversity of thought drives innovation and knowledge diffusion which creates value for our clients, employees, and society.
We are a people-centric company, where every person is evaluated based on their merit. Our action plan is clear: recruit top talent based on our core values, invest massively in people’s development, and follow a structured DEI strategy so that everyone is always treated equitably and with respect.
AlphaSights is an equal opportunity employer. Please note that unfortunately, we are unable to sponsor visas for this position.