Headquarters: Cleveland, Ohio
If you like sports and writing Python, this could be a really fun opportunity for you.
You can read more about the product here: https://docs.bakerengine.com/
This position is for the first employee in addition to the technical founder.
- Write Python code that incorporates the rules and tendencies of different major American sports leagues to simulate them down to a play-by-play level.
- Identify areas in the simulation that would benefit from machine learning models.
- Use our existing all-access sports data feeds to build and train ML models in Python to account for that part of the simulation.
- Perform statistical analysis on ML models and fine-tune them using test results.
- Incorporate the ML code into our experiment and model registry system.
- Write Python DAGs to manage data syncing, ETL data processing and ML model training.
- Deploy code to production with our Github Actions that manage AWS deployments.
- Collaborate remotely with the founder on what areas of the system to work on next.
- Share on-call duty of production systems.
- Excellent Python developer with attention to detail.
- Well-rounded data generalist with experience with a lot of the Python data ecosystem: Pandas, NumPy, SciPy & Scikit-learn.
- Familiarity with deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow and PyTorch.
- Experience writing automated tests with pytest.
- Experience writing and maintaining DAGs for data pipelines to train and deploy machine learning models.
- Experience with the full data science lifecycle of EDA, feature engineering, model selection, training and validation.
- Experience with both regression and classification models and how to evaluate them.
- Knowledge of statistics fundamentals.
- Experience with AWS and basic systems administration in a cloud environment.
- Experience building REST APIs in Python with Flask or FastAPI.
- Experience with both SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Pragmatic about software architecture.
- Proactive & ambitious.
- Able to work independently with minimal requirements.
- Enjoys responsibility and lots of focused work time with very few Zoom calls.
- Knowledge of the NFL and at least one other major American sport.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Optimistic team player.
- Great analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Love working with sports data and predicting the outcome of sporting events.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States of America.
- Able to work fully remotely. We have no office, so there is no risk of relocation or going “back to the office.”
- Nice to have: Advanced data science background.
- Nice to have: Detailed knowledge of many popular sports (NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, NCAAF, NCAAB)
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary range is $130,000 – $150,000 per year.
- Unlimited PTO
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Paid maternity & paternity leave