Spotify is looking for a passionate and experienced Black pop culture and content expert to join our Studios team. You will play a meaningful role in defining and executing Spotify’s podcast editorial strategy in the US. The main focus for this role is establishing Spotify’s on-platform tone of voice across Editorial and Originals. You will work in close collaboration with other members of the programming, production, and marketing teams. You will report into the Podcast Editorial, Community Lead.
What You’ll do
- Craft the editorial strategy focused on building community for fans of Black pop culture from the broader media landscape
- Build strategic editorial plans for introducing podcasts to Spotify users who don’t yet listen to podcasts
- Create a content calendar relevant to Black pop culture communities, building editorial plans around upcoming launches, editorial themes, and cultural moments
- Work closely with the Frequency core team (i.e. content partnerships, production, editorial) to develop plans for Originals and external podcasts
- Collaborate with the music team to build audio-focused multi-media initiatives
- Represent Editorial in conversations with marketing so that on-platform curation and off-platform messaging are in sync
- Reflect and speak to issues and cultural moments that are of interest to your audience
- Collaborate with the data analytics team to better understand which audiences within the your community we should optimize programming for
- Build culture-defining brands that speak to your community
Who You Are
- Have a real passion for the podcast culture space
- Deep appreciation for creative communication and sense of quality and commercial messaging
- Ability to lead and drive multiple cross-functional sophisticated projects while thinking independently
- Skilled in crafting and presenting strategic plans in a compelling way
- Excellent analytical skills and experience drawing insights from internal and external data
- A strong command of the broader digital landscape and an interest in keeping up to date with developments in web and mobile platforms and applications
Where You’ll Be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options.
Click Here to Apply Now! *Also, Make Sure to Include That You Heard About this Role from GlobalCareer.io
Is the Black Culture Editor Not a Perfect Fit?
Struggling to land your remote dream job? If you are struggling to find a remote job and want paid assistance you can apply for our Remote Life Program here.
Click Here to Download The Top 100 Remote Companies E-Book W/ Remote Industry Insights.