Close is a bootstrapped, profitable, 100% remote, ~70 person team of thoughtful individuals who value autonomy and impact. We’re eager to make a product our customers fall in love with over and over again.
We ❤️ startups & SMBs. Since 2013, we’ve been building a CRM that focuses on better communication, without the hassle of manual data entry or complex UI. Our goal: double the productivity of every sales rep.
We’re looking to add an experienced SaaS email marketer to the team to help the company grow, engage, and convert its ~200k email newsletter audience into paying customers.
As an Email Marketer on Close’s marketing team, you will be responsible for managing and scaling Close’s email marketing efforts at the top of the funnel. Your #1 KPI will be converting existing email subscribers into new customers. We expect you to look for new ways to capture new email subscribers via traffic generated by the Content team and nurture them into paying customers.
While you will receive support and resources, you should expect to do ~90% of this work as an individual contributor for the first 12 months. You will report to the Head of Content, Ryan Robinson, though we hope to see you grow into a role where you’ll be responsible for email marketing across the entire customer lifecycle.
- Ideate, manage, and implement email marketing campaigns with a focus on nurturing email subscribers to engage with Close’s content and encouraging them to become a Close customer. Tasks will include copywriting, HTML edits, deployment, scheduling, segmentation, production, automation, A/B testing, and optimization.
- Design templates and write copy for email campaigns and automations that welcome, engage, and retain existing subscribers and potential customers.
- Be responsible for growing and reporting on key email health metrics like deliverability, opens, conversions to trial.
- Manage and optimize email marketing automation processes using our existing tech stack (Customer.io, Segment, Convertflow, Webflow, and Ghost) with an eye on conversion from email capture to trial metrics.
- Collaborate with leaders on the marketing team (content, product, growth) to develop and execute on strategies to capture & convert more leads into trials.
- Oversee and manage ongoing email program optimization, including structure and segmentation improvements, and improvement of process and infrastructure.
- 3+ years of experience in email marketing, lead nurturing, marketing automation, and web analytics.
- Strong history of strategizing, implementing, and maintaining large email subscriber databases and marketing automation.
- You can write emails using Liquid tags in your sleep.
- You approach copywriting tasks with eagerness and excitement.
- Extensive experience using Customer.io, Convertflow and/or other similar email marketing & automation tools.
- Background working in B2B and/or with SaaS brands is a plus.
Why work with us?
- Culture video 💚
- 100% remote company (we believe in trust and autonomy)
- Choose between working 5 days/wk (standard full-time) or 4 days/wk @ 80% pay
- Annual team retreats ✈️
- Quarterly virtual summits
- 5 weeks PTO + Winter Holiday Break
- 2 additional PTO days every year with the company
- 1 month paid sabbatical every 5 years
- Paid parental leave
- Medical, Dental, Vision with HSA option (US residents)
- 401k matching at 6% (US residents)
- Dependent care FSA (US residents)
- Contributor to Stripe’s climate initiative 🌍❤️
- Our story and team 🚀
- Build a house you want to live in — Examine long-term thinking and action
- No BS — Practice transparency and honesty, especially when it’s hard
- Invest in each other — Build successful relationships with your coworkers and customers
- Discipline equals freedom — Keep your word to yourself and others
- Strive for greatness — Constantly challenge yourself and others
How we work together
- Productivity, Quality & Impact: We don’t track hours. We trust you’re an adult and know best how to prioritize, meet your goals and contribute at a high level.
- Asynchronous communication & collaboration: We have team members all over the world. We don’t expect anyone to work untraditional hours, that means our default is async. Most teams have 2-5 hours of internal meetings weekly.
- Appreciation for Deep Work: *During your normal work day, not after a day a meetings*.
- Autonomy & Freedom: Create a work environment that is sustainable for you. We place a high amount of trust and responsibility with our team members from the start.
At Close, everyone has a voice. We encourage transparency and practice a mature approach to the work-place. In general, we don’t have strict policies, we have guidelines. Work/Life harmony is an important part of our business – we believe you bring your best to work when you practice self-care (whatever that looks like for you).
We come from 20+ countries located in 5 of the 7 continents. We’re a collection of talented humans, rich in diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and cultures. Every year we meet up somewhere around the world to spend time with one another. These gatherings are an opportunity to strengthen the relationships within our global community.
Our team is growing in more ways than one – in the last few years, we’ve launched 24 babies (and counting!). Unanimously, our favorite and most impactful value is “Build a house you want to live in.” We strive to make decisions that are authentic for our people and help our customers become more successful.
Our application process was designed to promote equitable and unbiased hiring practices. We ask a small series of questions that are similar to what would be asked in the first interview. This helps us learn more about you right from the start so please be sure to answer each question thoughtfully. Each application will receive two screens by two different reviewers. Regardless of fit, you will hear back from us letting you know if we’ll be moving forward.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/close-email-marketer-100-remote