Kasa is building a global accommodations brand. We offer trustworthy, well located, and well priced, home-like accommodations that feature tech-enabled, seamless check-in, and personalized virtual service. We want our guests to not just stay with us but to truly settle into our Kasas while traveling.
Kasa’s product is built on the flexibility and scalability of its systems. Unlike a typical hotel, we are able to profitably operate buildings with as few as 2-5 Kasas as well as those with several hundred. And instead of a front desk, we have a 24/7 virtual guest experience team that provides guests with attentive and personalized service. We focus on marrying operations and technology, which allows us to centralize processes, automate tasks and reduce the need for on-site staffing at our locations. This lowers the price for our guests, and improves the value for our landlord partners. We have Kasas all over the country and are expanding into new markets every day.
At Kasa, we aren’t only investing in product, technology and properties; we’re investing in people! We believe that our teams help the company—as well as each other—grow. We hope each career path at Kasa is unique and exciting. Many employees have been able to advance and move into other roles within Kasa in order to continue pursuing their passions!
Don’t let the word “copywriter” fool you. It’s just that “ideas person” looks pretentious, and “creative” seems a bit wishy-washy. If we were going for accuracy, we would name the position “award-winning Kasa’s voice generator”, but it a) would not fit in one line, and b) you’d laugh out loud. Ho-hum. Copywriter it is then. But expect so much more from this role. The above is adapted from Joe Coleman (getcoleman.com) as we need your help at Kasa to write excellent copy.
As a copywriter at Kasa, you will be primarily responsible for writing, editing, and fact-checking of Kasa listings, our website, and marketing content. Our language must be transparent, accurate, and factual, but allow the engaging and humorous tone of voice. The majority of this copy must be researched and written from scratch. This position may spend up to 50% of their time writing, editing, and fact-checking listings content. Dependent on listings volume, there will be opportunities for writing or editing other creative editorial content for our website, blog, ads, and social media channels.
In this role, you will report to the Director of Marketing and work in a cross-functional manner with others at Kasa. In this position, you will play a critical role in building a marketing team to match Kasa’s rapid growth. It takes a special person to succeed in this role and we hope you are excited by the challenge!
About the Team
Kasa is building a world-class marketing team and you will be one of the founding members. It’s exciting to be part of a team that sets new standards at Kasa. Our Marketing department’s mission is to build a distinctive global accommodations brand fueled by direct relationships with guests, presence in every channel, and outstanding communication with all stakeholders. This remote role will be the second hire on the Marketing team, allowing for significant upward mobility within our fast-growing organization.
Day in the Life of a Kasa Copywriter
In this ‘award-winning, voice-generating’ role, there is no typical day. To put it simply, you are the voice guardian for all communication channels across Kasa. This means that your days will be spent writing and reading copy to ensure that both proper language and high quality standards are kept. It’s imperative that you develop a distinct tone of voice and maintain language guidelines consistent with Kasa’s brand.
On any given day, you will spend time in a content management system to create and edit Kasa’s listings. We will count on your expertise to write and edit informative, engaging, and entertaining copy while avoiding marketing clichés – we all know how annoying those are! Every day you will ensure transparency standards are met for each writeup to achieve productivity and quality expectations. Because writing is what you live and breathe, it’s of utmost importance to ensure correct punctuation, spelling, and grammar standards are met by defaulting to the American Heritage Dictionary.
We’re a collaborative team and company, so you will get to work with the performance marketing team to fact-check listings structures and uphold brand communication standards at Kasa. Each week, your will also focus your attention on writing engaging blog posts, eye-catching social media posts, and other marketing copy that will help Kasa stand out.
Every other week you will get to participate in a company-wide meeting where we discuss the business, interact with leaders from other departments, and share our ideas to help grow Kasa. Our culture is based on a remote work environment where we take pride in getting to know each other and what drives us.
- 4+ years of experience as a writer, editor, or web page producer
- Four-year college degree, preferably in journalism, English, or communications
- Proven passion in travel and hospitality
- Highly organized
- Solid writing and editing skills
- Familiarity working with a content management system
- Ability to learn quickly, take direction, and be proactive when issues arise
- Must be comfortable receiving and independently acting on feedback
- Ability to process a high volume of content daily
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of Mac computers and Microsoft Word
- Excellent typing skills, and computer and Web savviness
- You have familiarity with SEO/SEM and Google Analytics
- You have experience in small, successful startups
In one year, you will succeed at Kasa by having:
- Impacted Kasa’s BHAGs significantly
- Created the foundation for a world-class brand & marketing department
- Tracked and improved Kasa’s performance relative to alternatives (Penetration to Comparable Airbnbs and Hotels)
- Improved Kasa’s visibility for prospective employees, neighbors, landlords, and prospective guests through
- Driven improvements in ability to measure and attract repeat guests
- Remote Work: With flexibility as a core value, and over three-quarters of the team working remotely, Kasa employees are able to work from anywhere!
- Kasa Travel Credit: We love to travel! Kasa employees get an allowance of free stays with us in any of our locations, plus a 50% discount on any nights for friends and family
- Generous Stock Option Plan: We believe the success of our business should be shared with our team. As you grow with us, we increase the opportunities for you to become part-owners of our company.
- Flexible PTO: Full-time exempt Kasa employees are encouraged to take time off as they need and see fit, ensuring that it’s not disruptive to their work
- Competitive Salary: We offer base salaries at or above market rates plus additional earning opportunities based on the position
- Health Coverage: We’ve invested in comprehensive health insurance options to help when you need it most
Click Here to Apply Now! *Also, Make Sure to Include That You Heard About this Role from GlobalCareer.io
Is the Copywriter Not a Perfect Fit?
Struggling to land your remote dream job? If you are struggling to find a remote job and want paid assistance you can apply for our Remote Life Program here.
Click Here to Download The Top 100 Remote Companies E-Book W/ Remote Industry Insights.