Mayo Clinic is the nation’s best hospital (U.S. News & World Report, 2020-2021) and ranked #1 in more specialties than any other care provider. We have a vast array of opportunities ranging from Nursing, Clinical, to Finance, IT, Administrative, Research and Support Services to name a few. Across all locations, you’ll find career opportunities that support diversity, equity and inclusion. At Mayo Clinic, we invest in you with opportunities for growth and development and our benefits and compensation package are highly competitive. We invite you to be a part of our team where you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect, and most importantly, a life-changing career!
Did you know Mayo Clinic has a college? Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science (MCCMS) offers more than 400 higher education programs with an enrollment of over 4,000 students and trainees. The college has a web team that is modernizing and managing the digital experience for prospective students, as well as current students, faculty, and staff. We work on our public website (https://college.mayo.edu), social media, and internal (intranet) sites.
The Digital Content Manager leads content strategy and content management for MCCMS websites, as well as contributes to ongoing improvements to digital user experience and functionality. The scope includes the MCCMS public-facing (internet) website for prospective students/trainees; portal and intranet environments for current students/trainees, faculty, and staff; social media platforms; and email marketing.
- Serving as a lead thinker on the MCCMS digital content strategy, ensuring prospective students/trainees, current students/trainees, faculty, staff, and other target audiences are met with the right content at the right time in the channel of their choice
- Contributing to user experience and functionality enhancements by working with design/development staff to make ongoing improvements based on analytics, user feedback, and A/B testing
- Managing web editorial calendars
- Leading search engine optimization (SEO) strategy and targeted improvement efforts
- Serving as the lead manager and expert user of the MCCMS web content management system (CMS)
- Managing the CMS submission and approval workflow in a semi-decentralized web publishing model, assisted by the team’s Digital Content Specialists
- Delivering initial CMS training and updates for website self-publishers
- Facilitating a CMS self-publishers user advisory group to ensure a healthy ecosystem of content contributors
- Establishing and delivering a professional development program for CMS self-publishers to continually improve in their individual roles of caring for the website
- Managing the development of new websites or content areas, including coordinating layout, design, information architecture, and CMS integrations
- Collaborating with units within MCCMS or elsewhere at Mayo Clinic, or with vendor resources, to maintain digital infrastructure needs
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism, or related field required.
- At least 5 years of experience in digital content strategy development and execution, as well as digital content management.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities for managing people, projects, or both.
- Strong knowledge of SEO principles and experience with developing search engine optimized web content.
- Strong content background, editorial judgment, and project management skills.
- Experience with website content management (CMS) applications.
- Experience with user-centered design, web usability, digital marketing, and Google Analytics.
- Experience with leveraging user experience research findings to inform strategy development and changes.
- Experience or interest in A/B testing is a plus.
Must be able to work effectively in a consensus-style, collaborative, and changing environment that expects and promotes teamwork. Must be self-motivated, flexible, creative, and have a bias for action. Must bring a customer service mindset, enjoy complexity, and be adept at solving problems. Must be able to manage and drive forward multiple projects, balancing competing deadlines and priorities. Must possess the ability to inspire trust and confidence, and maintain a high degree of professionalism.
- Exemption status
Required education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended. The hourly pay range is $39.88 – $59.84 per hour.
- Benefits eligible
- Supplemental/On-call/Per Diem
- Hours / Pay period
This is a supplemental hourly position with a variable workload of up to 25 hours a week, depending on work unit needs. While there is no set schedule, you will be expected to complete assigned work on agreed-upon deadlines. Deadlines may range from a couple days to a few weeks. You must also be available to participate in occasional virtual meetings or conference calls about assigned work.
100% remote; can work from anywhere in the U.S.
- Weekend schedule
Mayo Clinic is located in the heart of downtown Rochester, Minnesota, a vibrant, friendly city that provides a highly livable environment for more than 34,000 Mayo staff and students. The city is consistently ranked among the best places to live in the United States because of its affordable cost of living, healthy lifestyle, excellent school systems and exceptionally high quality of life.
- Administration, Business, Finance
- Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.
Click Here to Apply Now! *Also, Make Sure to Include That You Heard About this Role from GlobalCareer.io
Is the Digital Content Manager Not a Perfect Fit?
Struggling to land your remote dream job? If you are struggling to find a remote job and want paid assistance you can apply for our Remote Life Program here.
Click Here to Download The Top 100 Remote Companies E-Book W/ Remote Industry Insights.