Director of Human Resources
- Job Locations: US-Remote
- Job ID: 2020-2319
- # of Openings: 1
- Category: Human Resources
GovernmentCIO’s vision is to Transform Government IT and one part of achieving that vision is by transforming people. We are seeking an experienced HR Director with outstanding people skills to help GCIO do that as we continue to grow! We need someone who can improve our processes, policies, and procedures to ensure they are effective, efficient, and provide a better employee experience.
Duties for the HR Director include all of the normal HR responsibilities like supervising HR and recruiting personnel, dealing with employee grievances and disputes, supporting employee development, enhancing job satisfaction, structuring benefit packages, maintaining employee records, designing accountability mechanisms, and overseeing all HR functions and needs, but turbocharged with a focus on transforming people so they can Transform Government IT!
The ideal candidate for this role will possess a high work ethic, excellent communication skills, a thorough knowledge of labor laws and regulations and HR practices, strategic thinking abilities, strong organizational skills, and excellent interpersonal skills. In addition, they need to believe that work is supposed to be fun!
- Developing and implementing human resources policies.
- Finding and hiring top performers to join our company.
- Ensuring compliance with laws and regulations.
- Managing performance feedback and review processes.
- Motivating and supporting current staff.
- Maintaining staff records.
- Interfacing with our Professional Employer Organization (PEO).
- Designing and directing training programs and policies.
- Improving our onboarding/offboarding process.
- Training, counseling, and coaching our staff.
- Resolving conflicts through positive and professional mediation.
- Conducting performance and compensation reviews.
- Developing clear policies and ensuring policy awareness.
- Handling workplace investigations, disciplinary, and termination procedures.
- Understanding of HR Information Systems and tools with the ability to evaluate, recommend, and implement solutions.
- Managing employee recognition and reward programs.
Required Skills and Experience:
- BS and 8 years of related HR experience required
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly organized.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Strong people skills.
- Computer literacy with a variety of systems.
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with colleagues.
- Experience in educating and coaching staff.
- Experience in conflict resolution, disciplinary processes and workplace investigations.
- Strong knowledge of HR laws and regulations.