Title: Director of Sales – Coffeehouse
Location: Broomfield, CO or Remote Office, US
Danone North America is the largest Benefit Corporation in the world. Our mission is to bring health through food to as many people as possible. Danone North America is looking for a Director of Sales- Coffeehouse in Broomfield, CO or Remote Office.
Reporting to Senior Vice President, Strategic Growth Channels, the Director of Sales, Coffeehouse will play a key role within our Foodservice team and will be responsible for leading the strategic roadmap to develop the coffeehouse trade channel.
Vision for Role:
The Director of Sales, Coffeehouse will provide strong, PEOPLE FIRST, leadership. This individual will empower his/her team to make courageous decisions, and not wait to take action. They will inspire their team to take risks and work with a sense of urgency. Integrity is a must for this individual. He/she should have a strong skillset in developing customer relationships above the buyer as well as developing their people for advancement. They will be able to develop strong cross-functional relationships that lead to a better overall team dynamic. Through strong leadership and thoughtful plans, this individual will deliver meaningful results within our (4) key pillars: RTD Beverages, Coffee Bar Solutions, Plant Based Products, and Yogurt.
- Create key strategic roadmap to drive coffeehouse sales. Vision is for Danone to be the retailer’s first call, and largest most credible player in the coffeehouse space.
- Develop distribution network to reach all potential customers
- Drive sustainable profitable growth with the customer base, particularly in the areas of RTD Beverages, Coffee Bar Solutions, Plant Based Products, and Yogurt.
- Develop customer plans that align with company goals and objectives, inclusive of customer strategies to deliver budgeted sales and operating profit across customer base.
- Deliver annual planned volume/revenue targets by selling/executing plans accordingly.
- Build plans to maximize opportunities and close gaps where necessary.
- Show clear understanding of customers organizational decision-making structure to maneuver effectively within their organization.
- Develop deep customer intimacy and T2T relationships, but also demonstrate the ability to lean into tough negotiations.
- Lead joint business planning meetings with customers, locking down joint growth goals and pillars to support that growth, including innovation and new platform expansion.
- Work closely with cross functional team to achieve desired results for both customer and organization.
- Create, Lead, and direct Danone’s broker partner to insure best in class retail execution and regional customer management.
- Harness Danone capabilities, tools, and resources to build meaningful partnerships with key retailers in efforts to drive category leadership.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree; MBA a plus
- Minimum of 7 years direct customer team leadership experience
- Minimum of 15 years CPG sales experience calling on Tier One Coffeehouse Chains and distributors
- Previous experience managing broker or CPG retail teams
- Demonstrated success working collaboratively and in a team environment
- Highly motivated individual with Entrepreneurial/ business development spirit
- Functional competency in customer business development, trade, and sales planning with fact-based selling through category insights and customer marketing competencies
- Demonstrated ability to drive sustainable customer sales growth across multiple categories through course of work
- A team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills; inspires and influences collaboration across all cross-functional disciplines toward continuous improvement of efficiency and operational effectiveness
Danone North America is a Certified B Corporation business unit of Danone and operates in the U.S. from headquarter offices in White Plains, NY and Broomfield, CO. For more information, please visit DanoneNorthAmerica.com. Danone North America is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion.