Insider is looking for a social media editor to join our distribution team, specifically supporting sponsored editorial projects. The distribution team is responsible for managing Insiderâs social presence across all existing and emerging social media platforms. The team utilizes a variety of strategies focused on gaining subscribers, video views, traffic, native engagement, and more.
This person would be responsible for managing the social strategy for our special projects and editorial sponsorships. This candidate would develop social distribution plans for sponsored proposals leveraging Insiderâs existing social strategies and platforms. Theyâd work closely with both the social team, as well as special projects, and marketing strategy to then execute and report on the performance of these campaigns.
This editor should be well versed in the current best social practices across established and emerging platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and LinkedIn and more, while thinking creatively about ways to evolve and innovate. They should be a self-starter who is comfortable collaborating with teams across the organization.
This person will be responsible for:
- Creating proactive and reactive plans for social media distribution and amplification of content, specifically sponsored editorial.
- Executing the social strategy for existing and future sponsorships across Insiderâs social handles. Including, coordinating the creation of originalÙ« high quality content for social.
- Facilitating communication between distribution and the revenue operations in regards to social strategy
- Creating a framework for tracking and reporting the social performance of special projects and editorial sponsorships
- Managing paid strategy when appropriate.
- Managing budget needs for the team to deliver on series goals.
Some qualities that would make a candidate successful in this role:
- Experience using native tools across social platforms to garner audience engagement
- Experience ideating and executing comprehensive, cross-platform social plans
- Strong communications skills to collaborate with colleagues with varying levels of social knowledge
- Comfortable analyzing data and communicating findings
- Stays up-to-date with new digital technologies and social media best practices.
- Passion for building audiences and creating strong storytelling on social
Salary – $70,000 – $80,000
Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidateâs qualifications, skills, competencies and experience and may fall outside of the range shown.
Insider offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes a 401k match, healthcare coverage and a broad range of other benefits.