Executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the CEO. The Executive Assistant’s primary duty is to enhance the executive’s effectiveness by providing information management support, schedule coordination and overseeing special projects.
The Executive Assistant must be creative, proactive and enjoy working within a small, fast-paced IT environment that is results-driven. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO including but not limited to:
- Managing an extremely active calendar of appointments;
- Completing expense reports;
- Composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential;
- Arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the CEO’s schedule is followed and respected.
- Provides “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role for direct access to the CEO’s time and office.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO’s office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with senior management staff.
- Works closely and effectively with the CEO to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Acts as a “barometer,” having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the CEO updated.
- Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of special projects for the CEO, some of which may have organizational impact.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgment letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the CEO’s ability to effectively lead the company.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
Senior Management Liaison
- Participates as an adjunct member of the Executive Team including assisting in scheduling meetings and attending all meetings;
- Assists in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings and off-sites, and all staff meetings;
- Facilitates cross-divisional coordination of travel and outreach plans;
- Ensures that the CEO’s bio is kept updated and responds to requests for materials regarding the CEO and the organization in general; and
- Edits and completes first drafts for written communications to external stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail;
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members and external partners;
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability;
- Emotional maturity;
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently;
- Proven ability to be adaptable to various competing demands and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response;
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high-performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment; and
- Forward-looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- Must live in a HUBZone
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media web platforms.
Click Here to Apply Now! *Also, Make Sure to Include That You Heard About this Role from GlobalCareer.io
Is the Executive Assistant Not a Perfect Fit?
Struggling to land your remote dream job? If you are struggling to find a remote job and want paid assistance you can apply for our Remote Life Program here.
Click Here to Download The Top 100 Remote Companies E-Book W/ Remote Industry Insights.