Please do not apply for this role if you are not physically located in the Americas (UTC-7 to UTC-3 / PST or EST specifically). While this is a remote position, we can not consider candidates that are not based in these regions. You can find a detailed explanation in our Recruitment FAQs.
At Hotjar, we’re building Behavior Analytics software for businesses selling online. We make it easy for them to go beyond traditional web analytics and understand what users are really doing on their site.
Reporting to our Director of Sales, we’re looking for a customer-obsessed, data-driven sales leader with a product mindset, who is passionate about delivering both value and delightful service to businesses. Leading an inclusive team of driven sales professionals, you’ll help more SMBs and mid-market businesses build better experiences for their users, while growing their business.
If you have inbound sales management experience, you’re analytical, have a bias for action and you’re excited by the idea of scaling globally, this is a rare opportunity to join a fast-moving and fully remote SaaS organization.
- Lead and develop our Sales team within an inclusive, feedback-centered environment.
- Learn by doing, working with your team to understand the needs and challenges of prospective customers by taking a consultative approach to selling.
- Create a coaching culture by providing support and feedback to the team and encouraging sharing of best practices and insights.
- Improve Sales performance by enhancing the team’s processes and workflows based on data analysis.
- Work with our People Ops team to grow a diverse, high-functioning sales team, promoting an open, honest and inclusive environment, while allowing the team to experiment, fail fast and learn.
- Identify underlying challenges related to systems, people, and processes to improve sales performance while also improving the buyer experience.
- Identify opportunities to simplify and refine processes and reduce friction for buyers.
- Experience with not simply leading, but developing a diverse team in a high-velocity and product-led environment.
- Inbound sales operations experience working with high-volume mid-market customers at ACV values of €2,000 to €60,000.
- Experience with SaaS metrics such as MRR, ARPA, Churn, and LTV.
- You are technically-minded. You can develop a deep knowledge of how Hotjar works, allowing you to speak clearly to customers and communicate their needs to our team.
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following Hotjar’s company values, culture and ways of working.
- Must submit to a background check confidentially processed by our third-party.
The compensation range for this role is $78,000 to $108,000 annually, where the offer typically falls in the range of $85,000 to $90,000.
Hotjar compensation approach:
Our ranges are established after performing market research but the specific compensation amount of the offer will be determined based on relative experience, skills, and equity across the team. We encourage all candidates to read our Recruitment FAQs to further understand our approach to compensation and how we structure our contracts.
In addition to the monetary compensation, we provide all team members with an assortment of unique and popular perks valued at more than €10,000 a year, plus stock options and 40 days of annual leave. These have been chosen to reflect our values and ideals, be it encouraging constant learning with our Personal Development Budget, a great work/life balance with the Holiday Budget, or a happy, healthy team with our Wellbeing Budget.
Here at Hotjar, we welcome team members of all backgrounds, identities, and experiences. Working with respect is built into our core values: we are honest, tolerant, and inclusive. We celebrate the uniqueness and strength found in diversity. We all commit to creating a safe working environment and are allies to those less privileged. And we fully believe that living by these values helps us to make our company, and our product, better.