Please do not apply for this role if you are not physically located in Europe, Africa or the Middle East (UTC-1 to UTC+3)
. While this is a remote position, we can not consider candidates that are not based in these regions. You can find a detailed explanation in our Recruitment FAQs
The world is undergoing a radical transformation. Work, commerce, and even education are moving online. Hotjar is at the core of that transformation.
Hotjar wants to make the web a better place. We believe many digital experiences – whether they are on desktop or mobile – quite frankly suck, and we are working to change that.
We’re building easy and intuitive product experience insight software for businesses selling online. We’re focused on helping our customers really understand what their end-users are doing on their websites – to help them find those parts of their sites that are hard to navigate, just plain broken, confusing, or simply not enjoyable.
Reporting to our Product Analytics Lead, we’re looking for a curious & collaborative Senior Product Data Analyst, who is passionate about building data solutions & driving change through data, to join our Data & Analytics Tribe.
As a Senior Product Data Analyst
in our Data & Analytics Tribe
, you’ll work with our product and research teams, leveraging our data stack (Redshift, dbt, Tableau, Mixpanel, Python) to enable everyone to move quicker, with more confidence in the data. You’ll be responsible for uncovering insights from our product data, enabling us to make better decisions, and build what our customers need.
You will be part of a team of top analysts that drives the roadmap and goals of Hotjar’s OKRs, collaborating with them in a remote work environment that spans Barcelona to Berlin. We produce analysis that drives the companies ever developing products forward. Your skills and experience will form a progressive cohesion to the existing team framework, and you will propel Hotjars product analytics with your forward thinking, creativity and curiosity in data.
You will have strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
You will be working directly with stakeholders, understanding and scoping projects and using proritisation frameworks to stack your work appropriate to the roadmap and OKRs. Running analysis, deep-dives, research, hypothesis as well as finding insights to complex questions, and presenting those findings to all levels within the company.
- Obtain a unique understanding of the product and its function through our data
- Build data models to accelerate the business by providing deeper insights into the product, customer behaviors and UX while feeding the team’s hunger for actionable insights
- Understand and contribute to the adaptation, evolution and maturation of core KPIs
- Work closely with stakeholders to drive insights, automation and identify where we can leverage our data to improve processes & decision making across the company
- Have 5 + years of work experience in product analytics/digital analytics/data science
- Understanding of SaaS, subscription models and digital products, with particular focus on product usage
- Support scoping complex data-centric projects across multiple squads and systems, and work on deliverables to promote bias to action.
- SQL analysis, with an understanding of best practices for data warehouse concepts and data models
- Excellent skills with analytics tools, fluency with BI/visualization tools such as tableau
- Experience in Agile workflows is a bonus.
We work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following Hotjar’s company values
and ways of working
. Successful candidates must submit to a background check confidentially processed by our third-party.
The compensation range for a team member in this role is €70,000 to €90,000
annually where the typical offer will fall in the range of €75,000 to €85,000
. Our ranges are established after performing market research but the specific compensation amount of the offer will be determined based on relative experience, skills, and equity across the team. We encourage all candidates to read our Recruitment FAQs
to further understand our approach to compensation and how we structure our contracts.
In addition to the monetary compensation, we provide all team members with an assortment of unique and popular perks
valued at more than €10,000
a year, plus stock options and 40 days of vacation. These have been chosen to reflect our values
and ideals, be it encouraging constant learning with our Personal Development Budget, a great work/life balance with the annual leave and Holiday Budget, or a happy, healthy team with our Wellbeing Budget.
Hotjar pledges to be a harassment-free and discrimination-free company, committed to equal opportunity. We believe people from different backgrounds, with different identities and experiences, make our product, and our company, better.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/hotjar-senior-product-data-analyst-emea