Headquarters: Reston, VA
About the position
The Internet Society is seeking a Senior Frontend Developer to join our expert staff. The successful candidate will work on web front-end development. The successful applicant will contribute to projects that measure and analyze specific aspects of global Internet usage, protocol adoption, and routing security and will do so by developing and supporting the infrastructure of the internal and externally facing tools used by these projects.
The successful candidate will work closely with project leaders and other technical experts within the Project Expert group in the Office of Resource and Skill Management and will be assigned to work on ISOC’s Internet Projects to Grow and Strengthen the Internet worldwide and will collaborate with staff across the Internet Society organization.
This is position is for 2 year term.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participates in architecture and software development activities.
- Translates loosely defined requirements into solutions.
- Uses open-source technologies and tools to address project requirements.
- Writes programs or scripts to enable custom workflows.
- Collaborates with other project members to brainstorm about the best way to tackle a complex technological infrastructure, security, or development problem.
- Performs incremental testing on code, processes, and deployments to identify ways to streamline execution and minimize errors.
- Documents all work.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of development experience.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Experience of UX design.
- Knowledge of Web programming technologies (NodeJS, Python, PHP, etc.).
- Experience with version control software (Git).
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent and collaborator and communicator who can convey information clearly.
- Commitment to the Internet Society’s mission, values and objectives.
- Interest in working fora Globally distributed workforce and ability to work across time zone.
- Full Stack WordPress administration experience.
- Database setup/administration experience – (e.g. SQL, SQLite, Mongo dB etc).
- Knowledge of configuration tools such as Ansible and deploying development CI/CD technology.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/internet-society-senior-frontend-developer-1