Wikimedia Foundation is seeking an IT Systems Specialist to co-lead our efforts in developing, implementing and managing our enterprise systems. You will play a key role in the hands on implementation of the integration and automation of our developing enterprise systems. You will co-lead in the assessment, facilitation and implementation of industry standard tools. This includes managing change management, adoption and policy creation. You will work within the ITS (IT Services) team building out, supporting and maintaining our internal IT systems. Our ideal candidate will be excited to play an integral role during the Foundation’s most rapid growth period. This role will be a member of the Information Technology Services Team supporting staff based domestically and internationally.
You are responsible for:
- Co-leading efforts in implementing, supporting and enhancing internal specialized systems and processes such as OnBoarding/OffBoarding workflows
- Work in tandem with our Systems Administrator to build out system services in order to enhance our remote working environments
- Collaborate cross-department to build effective and efficient workflows
- Engage with external vendors in order to scope and perform discovery of new tools and services
- Perform research and implement technical solutions for internal systems and ensure compliance with Foundation objectives.
- Implement reporting tools to provide health and relevance of internal systems work flows
- Plan and perform change management and adoption of new workflows impacted by the enhancement of enterprise architecture
- Document all Systems functionalities on our OfficeWiki
- Maintain documentation of portfolio of systems support services
- Provide technical assistance to Wikimedia Foundation staff domestically and worldwide
- Support of Windows, Ubuntu Linux, and macOS operating systems
- Provide Tier 2-3 escalation support (rotational schedule for Team)
- Collaborate with outside contractors as needed
- Support equipment deployment and management tools
- Assist with asset and software procurement and inventory management
Skills and Experience:
- Experience with Enterprise systems and tools for a company environment or equivalently sized organization
- Ability to perform and improve support workflows from beginning to end, ensuring proper report out is adhered to
- Demonstrated capabilities in collaborating with non-technical partners
- Experience analyzing and interpreting written information to draw connections and making recommendations
- Experience with vendor management and contract services
- Ability to complete projects/assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy
- Experience with the administration, integration and automation of the following tools and technologies: GSuite, JAMF, LDAP, Oomnitza, Zendesk, SSO, DaaS, SaaS
- “Power-User” understanding macOS,Ubuntu Linux, and Windows operating systems.
- Service-oriented approach: able to anticipate, understand and meet the needs of professionals.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively, both written and orally
- Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities including urgent tasks
- Be comfortable in a highly collaborative, communicative and consensus-oriented environment and proven ability to work well on a team, take instruction, and learn from mistakes.
- Familiarity and desire to work with scripting languages (e.g., Python.)
- Experience working with a global remote workforce (international and domestic)
Additionally, we’d love it if you have:
- Familiarity with end-user security best practices
- Experience with network troubleshooting (TCP\IP, DHCP, DNS, VLANs, 802.1x)
- Familiarity with VPN support, troubleshooting and configuration
- A/V support and troubleshooting experience (Zoom, Google Meet, Qsys)
- Awareness of sustainability practices
- Familiarity with Wikitext (wiki markup) language.
- Understanding of the free culture, free software, or online rights movements
Click Here to Apply Now! *Also, Make Sure to Include That You Heard About this Role from GlobalCareer.io
Is the IT Systems Specialist Not a Perfect Fit?
Struggling to land your remote dream job? If you are struggling to find a remote job and want paid assistance you can apply for our Remote Life Program here.
Click Here to Download The Top 100 Remote Companies E-Book W/ Remote Industry Insights.