At Healthline, our Greatist team is looking for a Lifestyle/SEO Editor. Our Greatist team provides highly relevant, best-in-class health content with a big dose of personality. Our SEO/demand team creates credible, accurate, easy-to-understand content that supports people wherever they are on their wellness journey. We think the best way to connect with readers is by being real, inclusive, informative — and entertaining!
If you have a passion for health content that’s credible, accurate, and truly helps people, come join our team! Greatist is seeking a smart, super-motivated, and uber-organized Editor to join our amazing Content team.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and produce SEO-optimized, social-media-optimized content for key lifestyle verticals including: Food, Fitness, Sexual Health, Beauty, and Home.
- Assign, edit, and publish 25-30 high-quality articles per month according to SEO and Social best practices and Greatist editorial standards.
- Work closely with our SEO team, medical reviewers, designers, and copy editors to move content through the publishing process and ensure quality and brand.
- Work with freelance writers by answering queries, providing feedback, verifying invoices, and monitoring deadlines.
- Discover and onboard new voices and writing talent.
- Brainstorm content ideas and own various editorial projects.
- Collaborate with marketing, social, and production teams.
- Monitor the success of your content by using Google Analytics.
What We’re Looking For:
- You are a super-creative, highly-organized, and collaborative editor who’s genuinely passionate about health and wellness content, and the Greatist brand.
- Proven experience with original, high-quality lifestyle content. Experience with health content helpful but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in English or Journalism
- 2+ years of editorial experience
- Superb research, writing, and editing skills with a firm understanding of AP style
- Experience with creating content based on SEO best practices
- Immersed in social media channels, trends, and best practices regarding engagement
- Astute sense of appropriate voice and tone
- Ability to turn research and writing projects around quickly
- Strong skills in meeting deadlines, managing multiple projects, and prioritizing workload
- Comfort making content decisions
- Proficiency in WordPress and Google Suite
- Experience working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
Who We Are:
Healthline is the fastest growing health information brand, the 2nd largest health site in the US (per comScore) and reaches over 200 million people a month globally. The business is high growth and solidly profitable, employing ~300 people in San Francisco, New York and the UK. We are a purpose-driven organization with a vision to create a stronger, healthier world.
Healthline is a certified Great Place to Work and has been named to the Top 5 in Ad Age’s Best Places to Work in 2019.