At Wiley, we welcome you for who you are, the background you bring, and embrace individuals who get excited about learning whether online or by book. Learning is for everyone, and so is our workplace. Bring your experiences, your perspectives, and your passion. It’s in our differences that we empower the way the world learns.
The Managing Editor is responsible for the successful delivery of projects for a particular product line, from contract signing until delivery of final product. This includes managing costs, schedules and fiscal output budgets; keeping stakeholders informed of any variance; maintaining high-level contact with the author/editor throughout the project life cycle; and ensuring the quality of the final product(s).
How you will make an impact:
- Working with PDM/Editorial to ensure correct data in system from contracting stage through the product life-cycle and establishing schedule.
- Maintaining high level contact with author throughout the content creation phase, providing information about upcoming workflow stages and setting expectations upfront about author responsibilities and the content development and production processes; receives delivery of content from the author.
- Tracking the progress of projects through the stages of the end-to-end content process; ensuring the schedule of each component is up-to-date and informing stakeholders of any variance against FY targets.
- Working with the Ops teams to ensure projects requirements are clearly outlined upfront and that any issues are dealt with promptly to keep projects on track.
- Ensuring that any product-specific guidelines are enforced, and quality of final product is appropriate to the market; remediating any escalated issues
- Tracking the project costs against pre-agreed budgets using appropriate tool; informing stakeholders of any variances and troubleshooting
- Working with Editorial to establish future year pub plans, using knowledge of the publishing program, author base.
- Working with Editorial on new brand, series development, new business development (brand, series, RFPs from third-parties).
- Working with Content Support to create and maintain universal and programme specific guidelines and standards
- Working with Content Support to effect continuous improvement for systems, processes, etc.
We are looking for people who:
- Deep experience of book and other publishing processes, especially digital.
- Project management skills, with a track record of proposing, and delivering against, demanding targets
- Excellent communication skills along with the ability to adapt
- Ability to forge strong relationships both internally and externally, and to build consensus
- Understanding of platforms upon which products and services operate
- Critical thinker, proven ability to identify and act on opportunities and to solve problems
- Develops and maintains collaborative working relationships with peers, colleagues, management and others
- Capitalizes on own strengths and actively pursues and takes responsibility for development opportunities
We are in one of the most dynamic periods in our history as technology, globalism and economic diversity create far-reaching changes in the world. As a learning business, Wiley makes meaningful contributions to research discovery and lifelong learning by helping organizations achieve their goals and people achieve success from education through their career. We may have been founded over two centuries ago, but our secret to success remains the same: change with the times and adapt to meet the ever-evolving needs of our customers. The company’s headquarters are located in Hoboken, New Jersey, with operations in the U.S., Europe, Asia, Australia, and Canada.
Wiley is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We evaluate qualified applicants and treat all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or based on any individual’s status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Click Here to Apply Now! *Also, Make Sure to Include That You Heard About this Role from GlobalCareer.io
Is the Managing Editor Not a Perfect Fit?
Struggling to land your remote dream job? If you are struggling to find a remote job and want paid assistance you can apply for our Remote Life Program here.
Click Here to Download The Top 100 Remote Companies E-Book W/ Remote Industry Insights.