RISC-V is a free and open ISA enabling a new era of processor innovation through open standard collaboration. Born in academia and research, RISC-V ISA delivers a new level of free, extensible software and hardware freedom on architecture, paving the way for the next 50 years of computing design and innovation. RISC-V International brings together hundreds of stakeholders from engineering students to multinationals with shared interest in progressing custom and general microprocessors leveraging open source SoCs, cores, tools, software, and ongoing open development. RISC-V is a fast growth, industry disruptive organization driven by its members around the world and across numerous industries.
The Linux Foundation supports RISC-V and is looking for a Marketing Manager fully dedicated to develop strategic marketing plans for RISC-V. The role will play a key leadership role within RISC-V, supported by peer leaders across the Linux Foundation. The role will report to the CEO of RISC-V International.
Top candidates will bring experience in vision and hands-on execution, across multiple domains of AR/PR, marketing, events, online content cultivation, stakeholder engagement, and community development. Candidate will be results oriented and able to track progress and pivot quickly to adopt industry best practices and course adjustment while managing and tracking initiatives within budgets, timelines, and priorities.
- Develop and execute a marketing plans in support of RISC-V, including:
- Event and PR strategies based on input from and partnership with the respective RISC-V committees, Linux Foundation Teams, and external agencies.
- Content Strategy (e.g. case studies and other marketing collateral)
- Website strategy, content development and evolution
- Global and regional strategies as well as industry specific engagement
- Relevant market research
- Coordinating marketing functions across agencies, member organizations, and Linux Foundation teams (e.g., events, PR, creative services, web services)
- Orchestrating work with external partners (e.g. agencies, event production, storefront, local community platform, video, and other companies) as needed
- Creating written material including website copy and case studies
- Working with the internal IT and program management to manage contacts for RISC-V in a marketing automation system and expanding the database of relevant contacts over time
- Supporting business development with appropriate collateral, such as presentations
- 8 years of progressive marketing experience in technical environments
- Ability to engage and positively influence multiple internal teams in an agency style environment
- Experience working with and energizing external communities on complex technical topics
- Proven campaign success promoting and supporting products that have developers as a customer
- Experience in Salesforce
- Experience working with Open Source projects and communities
- Advanced degree in a Marketing or related field
Linux Foundation Overview
The Linux Foundation is creating the greatest shared technology investment in history by enabling open source collaboration across companies, developers, and users. We are the organization of choice to build ecosystems that accelerate open technology development and commercial adoption.
The Linux Foundation is a largelyall-remote workforce that hires top-notch talent. We are as passionate of providing a flexible and supportive work culture as we are in Open Source Software. Collaboration is in our DNA, and we pride ourselves on being able to work closely together while not being tied to an office.
The Linux Foundation offers exceptional benefits including 100% employer-paid medical, dental, visions, unlimited PTO, and 100% employer match on 401(k) up to the IRS limit.
The Linux Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Is the Marketing Manager Not a Perfect Fit?
Struggling to land your remote dream job? If you are struggling to find a remote job and want paid assistance you can apply for our Remote Life Program here.