Headquarters: Manchester, England, United Kingdom
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Templating Specialist to join our team on a long-term, project-by-project basis. The ideal candidate will be a master of InDesign, publication layouts, and typesetting, with a proven track record in book or magazine publishing. A key focus of this role will be helping us template our Pip Decks products. This is a fully remote, flexible role, with workload and hours varying based on project needs. Compensation will be determined based on experience and hours committed.
- Develop and manage templates for our Pip Decks products, ensuring design consistency and adherence to brand guidelines
- Create vector diagrams and other graphic elements as needed
- Prepare print-ready files for product artwork and coordinate with factories for production
- Work closely with editorial, production, and product development teams to manage workflow, deadlines, and quality control
- Transform manuscripts and other content into our house style and layouts
- Ensure all deliverables, including product packaging artwork, meet factory requirements for production
- Continuously optimise templates and systems to improve efficiency and quality
- Collaborate with team members to adapt to feedback and changing project requirements
- A bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or a related field is desired but not necessary; equivalent professional experience is acceptable and preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in book or magazine layout design and publishing, with experience in preparing packaging design
- Expert proficiency in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop, with a strong understanding of print production processes and typesetting best practices
- Experience in creating vector diagrams and illustrations
- Exceptional attention to detail and a commitment to maintaining design consistency and accuracy
- Strong organisational and time-management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with a willingness to adapt to feedback and changing project requirements
- Ability to work independently and remotely, with a reliable internet connection and access to necessary software and equipment
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the success and satisfaction of Pip Decks customers by working on our legendary products.
- A fully remote position with asynchronous collaboration and no mandatory meetings.
- A competitive compensation package on a project-by-project basis that is open to discussion.
- The chance to work with a passionate and dedicated team, committed to driving customer success and creating world-class print products.
Pip Decks Culture
At Pip Decks, we believe in fostering a culture based on trust, autonomy, and a focus on outcomes. Our workplace values include:
- Trust: We don’t require consistent set working hours or constant updates on your work status.
- Autonomy: You have complete authority over how you achieve your responsibilities.
- Outcome-driven: We prioritize results over hours worked.
- Short toes: Feel empowered to improve or fix something without worrying about stepping on someone’s toes.
Tools We Use (if it’s useful to know!):
- Slack: For asynchronous and open conversations that create shared understanding.
- Loom videos: For asynchronous training and demos.
- Notion: For documenting processes, decisions, and ideas.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/pip-decks-publication-designer-indesign-specialist