Headquarters: Texas, Austin
We are looking for a resourceful, driven and results-oriented individual to partner with the CEO and help drive strategic initiatives critical to the success of the organization.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the successful candidate will take ownership of a number of projects across (but not limited to) growth, sales, new product development and operations. Working with a fast-moving and commercially-savvy CEO, this will be an environment that will push you to challenge the status-quo – all at a pace that is exacting and exciting!
This is a unique opportunity to get direct access to the CEO and leadership team, and learn what it takes to build successful businesses: suitable for ambitious individuals who are looking for career accelerants. Successful individuals will exit into leadership roles in the company.
- Bachelor’s or MBA Degree
- 3-8 years working experience in a commercial (i.e. sales, marketing, account management, consulting or Chief of Staff) role, OR have demonstrated hustle and commercial acumen through prior entrepreneurial initiatives (i.e. started a business, founding team in a fast growth startup)
- Have commercial acumen to help the CEO prioritize challenges and people for the most impact
- Demonstrated ability to learn/implement quickly across many topics, and can roll up your sleeve to get it done
- Able to work in the US time zone and occasional intra-US travel to support key client meeting and events (~6 times a year)
- Excellent communicator – ability to listen, comprehend and fill in the gaps through your intuition and own research, while communicating across all levels of the organization
- Directly lead priority transformation initiatives from 0 to 1 as an “entrepreneur in residence” in partnership with the CEO
- Coordinate change projects with impact toward core business metrics (revenue / cost / customer satisfaction)
- Act as the proxy to the CEO in driving intermediate milestones and key results, through direct action or influencing the right stakeholders
- Be the gatekeeper for prioritization of challenges and people that require the CEO’s time
- Assist and communicate with leadership team in decision-making, program management, and initiative implementation
- Constantly propose improvements and initiatives to the CEO and leadership team with resilience to try again
- Work shoulder-to-shoulder with the CEO in key accounts management
We think before we understand, and then we implement.
- We prioritize high-impact actions.
- We apply judgment on:
- When to get involved and when to get out of the way.
- When to be an independent problem solver and when to ask for help.
- Good and fast is better than slow and perfect.
- Stuff gets done, stuff gets done well.
- There are days we are motivated, there are days we are not motivated. Every day, we are disciplined.
- We trust each other because of transparency.
- We reward performance, not hours worked, not tenure.
- NOT Looking to be perfect/excel at every task. We are a rapidly growing startup that values practicality. We look for team members who find the happy medium between getting all the information and getting the job done
- NOT going to micromanage. You are encouraged to ask: if this goes wrong, will it significantly affect the company/process/client? If not, make a decision and move on.
- NOT shy from being brutally honest with your teammates.
If you are interested, kindly click HERE.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/popcorn-growth-chief-of-staff