Granicus is looking for a product designer with deep interest in software and its ability to impact global democracy, citizen engagement, and increased government transparency. No company in the world reaches more people on behalf of public organizations as Granicus – and this individual will lead the design process from concept through implementation, proactively engaging with our customers for their feedback every step of the way.
We’re looking for someone who can build and leverage strong relationships. You will work closely with other Product Designers, Tech Writers, Product Managers, Product Owners, and Engineers to refine our clients’ experience with Granicus Products. In this role you will get the chance to use your full range of skills, from user research to interaction and visual design, while continuing to improve efficiencies for government and create a seamless interaction between offices and the constituents they serve.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, and cross-functional counterparts to understand product requirements, define goals, and map design opportunities.
- Craft wireframes, user flows, and prototypes of various fidelity levels to explore and communicate the user experience across different platforms.
- Contribute to all phases of the design process from research and prototyping, to design execution and documentation.
- Work closely with engineers to quickly iterate on functionality and ensure implementation meets design specs.
- Run usability studies with our customers, collaborating with PM to incorporate customer feedback into product roadmaps.
- Become a champion of our users, and help advocate for the prioritization of design-centered changes and improvements.
Skills & Requirements
Who You Are:
- You are experienced in a design discipline including but not limited to: Human-Computer Interaction, Information Architecture, UI / UX, Graphic Design or Digital Media Arts
- You have 1-3 years of hands-on experience in technical product design and/or UX/UI design
- You have a solid understanding of user research methodologies (bonus points if both quantitative and qualitative) and experience facilitating user testing sessions.
- You have a solid experience building clickthrough, interactive, or motion prototypes with Principle, Figma, Sketch or similar design tools.
- You are experienced working with US Web Design System and utilizing guidelines to support consistency across multiple applications, driving accessibility and compliance within those applications
- You are experienced working with multidisciplinary teams, and willingness to work in a fast-paced environment.
- You have excellent communication skills regardless of the audience — software engineers, product managers, business stakeholders, users, etc.
*starting rate may vary by experience and/or location
Benefits: At Granicus, we offer a competitive benefits package that allows employees to tailor benefits to their needs. Benefits listed below are for employees based in the U.S.
- Flexible Time Off
- Medical (includes an option that is paid 100% by Granicus!), Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401(k) plan with matching contribution
- Tuition & Training Reimbursement
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employer paid Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, Group Term Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance
- Group legal coverage
- Transit and/or parking supplement for office based employees
- Free snacks and drinks in our offices
- And more!
Click Here to Apply Now! *Also, Make Sure to Include That You Heard About this Role from GlobalCareer.io
Is the Product Designer Not a Perfect Fit?
Struggling to land your remote dream job? If you are struggling to find a remote job and want paid assistance you can apply for our Remote Life Program here.
Click Here to Download The Top 100 Remote Companies E-Book W/ Remote Industry Insights.