Our mission is to improve the future of work by helping people find flexible jobs that make their lives better. We are committed to doing this internally and externally with integrity, intelligence, balance, communication, and care.
In the past 13 years, FlexJobs has established itself as the leader in the professional flexible job market to help job seekers connect with employers that offer these highly desired arrangements, as well as to help employers reach these candidates. We do this in a way that makes the job search experience easier, safer, and faster for job seekers, by utilizing both technology and human intelligence to provide a friendly, effective, and valuable service.
In terms of work flexibility, we also walk the talk! This is a remote job, as our entire team works remotely from locations all across the United States. Not only that, but having a great company culture is really important to us, and we’ve even been named one of Outside magazine’s Best Places to Work (2019) and Best Company Culture by Entrepreneur magazine (2018, 2017, and 2015). To learn more about our current team, you can explore our Team & Culture page
Responsibilities of the Job: The Opportunity
FlexJobs is looking for a creative, organized, and very accomplished product manager to plan enhancements, solve pain points, and identify positive new features for our user experience. In addition to identifying opportunities and creating solutions, this means being able to create clear requirements, specifications, and wireframes to convey solutions for several projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
At the core, it is critical for success in this position to have the ability to understand and evaluate each product feature as well as its intended impact/purpose, and then be able to collaborate with the team to determine what the best strategy is to implement changes and to track the impact.
- 5-7 years experience in a product management role for a public-facing website, preferably an e-commerce site, huge bonus points for subscription models or an app
- Able to collaborate with both technical and non-technical cross-functional teams through the full product development cycle.
- Have a degree in business, computer science, engineering, management, or a related field
- Keen understanding of the job/employment market or a genuine eagerness to learn everything you can about it
- Able to look at complex data to inform decisions, create actionable goals, and evaluate impact
- Driving product through a user-centered design approach
- Experience with tools such as Google Analytics, Amplitude, Jira, HotJar, and Confluence
- Have worked in entrepreneurial environments, as well as high-growth medium-sized organizations/teams.
Traits and Skills for This Role
- Top-notch analytical and organizational skills with ability to meet deadlines
- Highly focused and detail-oriented
- Proactive communicator and empathetic listener
- Curious nature with the ability to ask questions, spot patterns, and seek process improvements
- Innate sense of ownership and accountability that leads you to follow issues to their resolutions
- Excellent communication skills for effective collaboration with a fully remote team
- Thoughtful, creative, positive, patient, and motivated
Traits Required of All Team Members, You Included
- A sense of pride in your work
- A streak of perfectionism when it comes to details
- Being highly organized, responsible, and ethical
- Being proactive when it comes to asking questions, brainstorming, and working with colleagues
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- An appreciation and enthusiasm for the ability to work remotely
- Interest in a long-term position with a company that you’re proud to be a part of
- A fully functioning home office, including high-speed internet access, a fast computer, and phone access
- A work environment that is quiet and one in which you can really focus without distractions
Is the Product Manager Not a Perfect Fit?
Struggling to land your remote dream job? If you are struggling to find a remote job and want paid assistance you can apply for our Remote Life Program here.