GovernmentCIO is seeking a Technical Project Manager for the BSMS contract with the Veterans Affairs Administration (VA). The successful candidate will have 10+ years of varied experience executing delivery of large and small scale systems and solutions, as well as specific experience related to managing large scale database systems and applications. The Technical Project Manager should be comfortable driving Agile Scrum and / or Scrumban teams to engage with customers and technical stakeholders to define and deliver desired /required capabilities.
- Your first major effort will be to engage a technical scrum to create a plan to execute the migration of a system of systems to a new hybrid Oracle SCM8 platform from the legacy SC5 platform
- You will be responsible for setting expectations for and managing an empowered scrum of technologists leveraging SAFe Agile / Scrumban patterns of execution
- You will engage with Sr Leadership, stakeholders and SMEs to ensure the Product Backlog is accurate and complete and you will create a roadmap to ensure all migration activities are completed on schedule
- You will support your scrum with by sharing technical insights and learnings from relevant past experiences and you will knock down obstacles to success as they are identified
- You will ensure that all aspects of technical solution delivery are understood and executed and you will raise risks to be addressed with stakeholders and leadership before them become issues
- 7+ years of hands-on technical experience managing the design, implementation, maintenance, integration and migration of large scale RDBMS
- Demonstrable understanding of automation, orchestration, change management and disaster recovery principles
- Experience performing at least two large scale RDBMS migrations (to include DBs, file systems and applications)
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full SDLC, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Preferred: 5+ years of experience managing Oracle RDBMS
Current Tech Stack
- Oracle SCM8 Solaris OS 10 (10.2.0.4) and 11
- Oracle RDBMS versions 10g, 11g, 12c, 18c, 19c (critical to have experience with 12c or above and familiarity leveraging Oracle SQL Developer Tools to support migrations)
- Oracle PL/SQL
- JDBC / ODBC Drivers
- BS in Computer Science, similar STEM degree and / or equivalent years of experience
Additional perks with GCIO will include above Industry Healthcare Benefits, Remote Working Options, Paid Time Off, Training/Certification opportunities, Healthcare Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account, Paid Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term Disability, 401K Match, Paid Holidays, and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Click Here to Apply Now! *Also, Make Sure to Include That You Heard About this Role from GlobalCareer.io
Is the Project Manager Not a Perfect Fit?
Struggling to land your remote dream job? If you are struggling to find a remote job and want paid assistance you can apply for our Remote Life Program here.
Click Here to Download The Top 100 Remote Companies E-Book W/ Remote Industry Insights.