Title: Temp Recruiting Specialist
Requisition Number: 20-0104
Employment Type: Full Time Temporary
March of Dimes leads the fight for the health of all moms and babies. We’re advocating for policies to protect them. We’re working to radically improve the health care they receive. We’re pioneering research to find solutions. We’re empowering families with programs, knowledge and tools to have healthier pregnancies. By uniting communities, we’re building a brighter future for us all.
We are dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce that fosters opportunities for personal and professional development. We provide a collaborative and supportive environment built upon our fundamental core principles where each employee is valued. Join us in the fight for healthy moms and strong babies.
We currently have an opening for a Recruiting Specialist who will be responsible for the development and support of the recruitment function. The Recruiting Specialist will report to the Director of Talent Acquisition & Strategy and will play a critical role in the organization by deploying a variety of cost-effective and creative sourcing strategies to further support the recruitment process and ensure the March of Dimes is hiring the most qualified talent.
- Provide full cycle recruitment services. Develop appropriate and diverse sourcing methods to attract a broad candidate base, utilizing cost-effective, industry-appropriate and diverse job boards, social networking sites, local associations and other sources as necessary.
- Utilize applicant tracking system to identify candidates for interview; telephone screen, refer qualified applicants and facilitate interviews. Manage candidate experience and effectively move candidates through the internal system for hiring manager review and to appropriately monitor and track progress. Ensure compliance with internal procedures regarding reference and background checks and generate offers, close out requisitions and ensure proper record keeping.
- Ensure onboarding requirements are met; ensure hiring managers use system appropriately; provide technical assistance as need to ensure all requirements are met in a timely, professional and effective manner for each new hire.
- Communicate regularly throughout the recruiting cycle to update hiring managers of progress of open positions/requisitions. Keep manager updated on progress, provide bi-weekly metrics and reporting.
- Develop a diverse pool of qualified candidates in advance of need. Research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting. Provide interview and recruitment training to hiring managers as needed.
- Assist team in various Ad-hoc talent projects
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or 3-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with HR technologies such as applicant tracking systems, HRIS, performance management is preferred. Knowledge of HR law as it pertains to interviewing, recruitment and selection practices, background checks and EEO laws.
- Strong sense of urgency, drive and passion to take ownership of all projects.
- Able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to handle a heavy volume of recruitment in a timely and effective manner, excellent and professional communication and interpersonal skills, able to work with confidential and sensitive information.
- Strong technical and MS computer skills required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.