Headquarters: Washington DC
**US workers only. This is a customer-facing role, you must be available during Eastern or Central working hours
If helping businesses integrate their sales and marketing workflows with software is your JAM, this is the role for you!
Businesses using our software vary in size and technical expertise. They use our platform to run referral marketing programs (refer a friend programs) that connect to CRMs, marketing forms, and/or ecommerce stores.
Each customer is a little different and they often need hands-on help to get everything working. That’s where you come in.
Join our customer success team who’s overall responsibility is to onboard customers and help them get value from our software.
Our customer success team breaks down into two separate roles: Integration Specialists (like yourself) and Account Managers. Account managers handle the relationships & project management with the customers, while you’re the technical specialist brought in to save the day.
We have systems in place for workflows, processes, and playbooks. We invest heavily in metrics, product event data, and automation to give our CS team superpowers.
What is Referral Rock?
Referral Rock is a marketing technology SaaS (software as a service). Our mission is to track and scale word of mouth for businesses. The best businesses already get organic word of mouth referrals, we help them get more with automated referral programs.
You can make an impact on a growing startup without the venture backed “make it to the next round” drama. We are ambitious, calm, and profitable.
You won’t find an organization with a better culture and team alignment. Our Sales, Product, and Customer Success teams all work together to achieve a common goal (making customers successful).
Is This Job For You?
First and foremost you are that technical person in your family/friend group that people go to for “tech support”. Everyone says you should have been a developer or an engineer (maybe you were already).
You thrive on the satisfaction fixing technical issues and love being that guy/gal. You enjoy working directly with customers.
At the same time you are driven to solve problems at scale. You want to fix things upstream vs coming back to fix the same issue day after day. You love leaning into scalable assets like diagrams, videos, and documentation to have people help themselves.
What You’ll Do Here
Technical Advising & Assistance
- This is a customer facing role where you’ll be interacting live on Zoom (pre-scheduled calls) with customers who are setting up our software.
- Join calls with members of our sales team to help them explain integrations to customers who are about to buy.
- You’ll work closely with technical points of contact to learn about their use cases while assisting them with best practices and recommended workflows.
- In some cases you may have to help customers more directly by: debugging scripts, suggesting specific API calls, and advising with integration software like Zapier.
- You will also help customers with integrations and technical issues over email support and async video.
Contributing to Improving the Integration Experience
- Although you’re mostly responsible for the experience of specific customers, you’ll also develop guides and integration playbooks that will be a powerful aid in explaining workflows to customers.
- You will also work with the product team to advise on improving the product’s technical capabilities and building common workflows directly into the software.
Attitude is Key
- Demand to understand: Strong desire to understand how each business works and how we can help
- Strives for improvement: Always trying to get better and become an expert in your craft
- Coachable: Open to feedback and making improvements
- Ownership: Strong sense of pride and accountability for everything you do
- Team oriented: Willing to help out where necessary and enjoys being part of a team
- Self valued: Confidence in the value you bring and contribute to the team
- Opinionated: Yes we want your opinion and are happy to constructively argue points
- 4+ years of technical support experience
- Experience with common sales marketing software like Salesforce, HubSpot, Intercom, and MailChimp
- Firm understanding of web browser tracking technologies (cookies, http, cross-site scripting)
- Comfortable with APIs and web technologies
- Excellent communication skills; written, verbal, and presentation.
- Strong ability to self-manage yourself for the reactive needs of clients and project-based work
- Prior experience in SaaS.
- Competitive Salary
- 100% remote
- Flexible PTO and Holidays
- Medical and Dental insurance
- 401(k) with employer matching
- $500 annual stipend (equipment, training, etc.)