Search Engine Optimization Strategist
- Portland, Oregon, United States
- Full time
Tuff is a growth marketing team working with clients to drive growth by creating, managing, measuring, and optimizing high-performing acquisition campaigns. We’re a fully remote and small team with opportunities for autonomy, ownership, and impact. We are committed to a very high bar of customer experience, both for our clients and their customers and practice consistent and transparent communication.
The SEO Strategist is responsible for the research, analysis, strategy, and execution of our client’s – startups, B2B, and ecommerce – ongoing search campaigns. You will communicate regularly with clients and must be able to clearly articulate a strategic vision. Ultimately, you will be responsible for overseeing the organic growth and visibility for several clients at Tuff.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Build and drive the SEO roadmap for clients
- Plan and project manage development tickets for technical SEO recommendations
- Create reports that track the effectiveness of SEO campaigns and how they connect to B2B business goals
- Generate creative link building ideas to promote clients’ content and move the needle through off-page SEO
- Collaborate with content contributors to connect optimization strategies to new content
- Build project plans and business cases for new SEO initiatives, working with the rest of the Tuff team
- Work with startups, ecommerce, and B2B businesses.
- Execute SEO tactics on client sites on a variety of platforms including WordPress, Onveos, Magento, WooCommerce, BigCommerce, Shopify, HTML via FTP, and more.
- You have a learning mindset. You are committed to getting better every day.
- You are efficient, adaptable, and have a bias toward action.
- You are a driver, focused on making an impact on the organization and clients every day.
- You are a team player that is also comfortable working independently.
- You have an inclusive, hands-on client management style with proven experience clearly communicating complex seo-specific topics.
- You have demonstrated success testing and uncovering useful insights and sharing them in an engaging form that inspires people to take action.
- You have three years of experience with data-driven SEO analysis and optimization.
Executing on and optimizing organic campaigns is a key part of this role just as much as working with the client and engaging with them and their process
We are a passionate team of three distributed across the U.S.:
- Ellen, CEO & Growth Marketer in Eagle, CO
- Nate, Social Ads Strategist in Portland, OR
- Chris, PPC Strategist in Nashville, TN
- Hiring for a Growth Marketer
You’ll work closely with the whole team. In particular with Ellen to get up to speed on current clients and iterate on the SEO process at Tuff.
At Tuff, we believe it’s important for people to live and work where they are happiest and most productive. Our team is fully remote and we offer a remote set up stipend for your home office or co-working space. Tuff covers 100% of health, dental, and vision for employees.
The salary range for this position is $69,000 to $75,000.
Applicants must be based in the United States.