The way homes are sold today doesn’t meet the need for real estate agents helping monetize the biggest investment in a homeowner’s lifetime: the home they’re now selling. At Staging & Design Network, we create e-commerce technologies that enable real estate professionals to maximize the market value of their listings via home staging.
Home staging is a proven way real estate pros can boost the market value of a listed home by as much as 20% over an unstaged home. But, home staging is a cottage industry ripe for technology innovation.
Engineering at Staging & Design Network
Our unique technologies supporting our e-commerce rental marketplace get rave reviews from our members, with 95+ NPS on our overall CX. We have more underway than you can see on our website and are looking for an up-and-coming software engineer with a passion for web-based products to help us shape our next few years of high growth.
We’re looking for a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer to join our Engineering team in Greater Seattle. You’ll be responsible for the end-to-end planning, building, and deploying of our software systems. In addition, you’ll lead the backend effort for the team and support and contribute to frontend development.
This is a small and growing Engineering team, and as one of our first five software engineering hires, you’ll have the opportunity to impact how we ship code and shape our product. Come and help real estate pros maximize homeowner ROI via staging as we grow in Seattle and other booming national real estate markets.
- Define, create, and integrate service infrastructure designs for our code stacks
- Be responsible for on-time delivery of assigned features throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Create well designed, testable, and efficient code by using modern software development practices
- Properly integrate secure data from various back-end services and databases
- Work closely with a team employing loose SCRUM methodology
- Be able to manage priorities inside a fast-paced, changing environment
- Design and implement tests, debugging and defining corrective actions
- Help design and implement UI/UX
- A broad and technical software engineering background, a solid understanding of applicable analytics in an e-commerce product environment, and a natural curiosity for producing effective solutions.
- 5-7 years full-time work experience in software development, with fluency in Rest, Ruby on Rails, SQL, Stripe Payments, modern front-end frameworks such as React / Vue / Angular, or similar best-in-class web, e-commerce, payment, big data, and data analytics technologies.
- The proven ability to drive the programming of well-constructed, testable code.
- Experience with AWS technologies (S3, EC2, RDS, SES), SOA, and database design.
- Experience integrating an ERP or IMS system a plus.
- Patience, resilience, curiosity, and a learning mindset driven by a passion for technology.
- Excellent time-management skills and the ability to work effectively towards milestones both in a team and independently.
- An entrepreneurial drive for results and execution, and leadership skills for taking the initiative and building consensus to bring others along.
- An effective communication style: you’re a listener, you ask good questions, you seek input, and you lead among your peers with curious and positive intent.
- The belief in the inherent worth of others whose backgrounds and viewpoints may differ from your own.
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science
Why work with us:
- Generous time off lets you take the time you need to do your best work and live your best life.
- Radical candor culture encourages you to have a seat at the table, speak your mind, and know your team will hear you.
- Work from wherever you like, whether that’s our soon-to-open Bellevue HQ, our Everett office, or your home office when working from home makes sense for productivity.
- Health, dental, vision & life insurance, employee stock options – yep, we have all that.
- We’re a female-founded, female-led company, diverse in many ways: backgrounds, places of origin, age, education, languages spoken at home, belief systems, family structures, life-shaping experiences, and opinions on which Top Pot doughnut flavor is the best (Chocolate Feather Boa, just sayin’).
- We’re a privately-held, early-stage, venture-funded startup with a unique market position in a significantly sized market, where our technologies meet and create demand.
- If you’re tired of the tech giant grind and want a work environment that moves fast, we encourage you to apply.
Statement of Non-Discrimination:
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, veteran status, or what you wear to the interview (blue tuxedos and other personal style statements are highly encouraged).
Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Staging & Design Network.
We value a diverse workforce: career changers, parents with young children, people returning to work, people with accommodation needs, people of color, womxn, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
If we invite you to interview, kindly share your pronouns, your name pronunciation, accommodation needs, or any other important information about you so you feel comfortable and welcome.