Apartment Therapy Media helps people live happily and healthily in their homes. Since Maxwell Ryan founded Apartment Therapy in 2004, it has become an award-winning authority of design inspiration and real-life home solutions while Kitchn has earned its place as the go-to resource for home cooks looking to plan and prep better meals for their families. Together, the two sites reach over 650 million people every month across all platforms and have more than 100 people working in both our sunny NYC office and around the US. Apartment Therapy is looking to hire a new Senior Product Manager to join our remote team!
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Senior Product Manager to join our fast-growing Special Projects team, reporting to our Director of Product. This is a remote-friendly position, and we welcome candidates who want to work either from their own location, or in our NYC office when it reopens.
This position will lead product development efforts to drive innovative, award-winning programs such as the Small/Cool Contest and Online Experience, BrunchFest, Thanksgiving Food Fest, as well as a number of sponsored and non-sponsored projects throughout the year. This is a high-visibility, highly cross-functional role that sits on the Product & Engineering team but requires close connection and collaboration with our Editorial, Sales, Art/Design, and Branded Studios teams. This individual will partner with a small squad of engineers and product designers to develop and maintain an agile product pipeline, collaboratively developing a process that can adapt to the flexibility these projects require. While a core responsibility of this role is to manage our many special projects, it is essential to have an eye towards creating reusable products, tools, and services that make these programs easier in the future.
A successful candidate will be tactical – a communication and project management expert – while simultaneously having a vision for the future.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and maintain a detailed product roadmap, including project plans and timelines, based on an in-depth understanding of our users, our business, the goals of the programs, and our product & engineering vision
- Lead cross-functional communication and stakeholder management to drive alignment
- Develop strong working relationships and trust with partnering teams
- Translate objectives into stories, requirements, and success criteria for designers and engineers to execute upon
- Participate in critical and constructive feedback during design and development phases; manage and translate stakeholder feedback into actionable items
- Pursue constant improvement of standards of process, program execution, and communication
- Define, track, and communicate KPIs that drive program success
- Interpret, evaluate, and optimize our experiences based on user data
Who You Are
- 5+ years experience in product and project management, especially in fast-paced, highly agile environments
- Experience working cross-functionally with high-level stakeholders from different teams, including executives
- Ability to lead projects from start to finish with little to no supervision
- Experience working in a startup, digital media company, or agency
- Expertise in project management fundamentals
- Experience practicing and implementing continuous delivery, with Lean / Agile processes using project management tools. (We use Asana but similar experience is great.)
- Excellent remote collaboration skills as well as oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines with fast turnarounds, and process last minute feedback
Apartment Therapy Media is an equal opportunity employer that works to foster diversity and inclusion. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, gender identity, orientation, religion, parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
Click Here to Apply Now! *Also, Make Sure to Include That You Heard About this Role from GlobalCareer.io
Is the Senior Product Manager Not a Perfect Fit?
Struggling to land your remote dream job? If you are struggling to find a remote job and want paid assistance you can apply for our Remote Life Program here.
Click Here to Download The Top 100 Remote Companies E-Book W/ Remote Industry Insights.