Senior Sales Executive
- Full Time
- Sales & Marketing
Are you looking for a sales role that will enable you to hone your craft at a fast growing digital agency in an exploding segment of the market? Are you competitive and self-motivated with previous sales and marketing experience? Our high-producing team is poised for explosive growth and we’re looking for an enthusiastic sales professional to help us achieve our goals.
We’re building a different kind of work environment at SmartBug Media – one where you can deliver great results, have a great time with people you respect and still embrace the things that matter in life. We focus on development and growth.
SmartBug’s Senior Sales Executive will report to the VP of Sales and Marketing and will be responsible for executing our inbound sales methodology, properly forecasting sales numbers for new accounts, and achieving quotas each quarter across our five core lines of business: inbound marketing and paid media, website design, sales enablement, and public relations.
- Showcase your expertise in inbound marketing and inbound sales.
- Close new business consistently at or above quota level.
- Manage all aspects of the sales funnel, from qualification to close.
- Employ (and contribute to the evolution of) SmartBug’s existing inbound sales process.
- Conduct needs assessments calls with sales qualified leads.
- Respond to sales inquiries via email and phone as assigned.
- Leverage HubSpot’s entire Sales Hub, demonstrating inbound selling methodology through each sales interaction.
- Optimize dashboards and reporting for sales leadership.
- Monitor performance against key performance indicators and implement improvement strategies, as required.
- Contribute as a sales and marketing thought leader as an author for SmartBug’s own blog.
- Become a true evangelist of SmartBug’s employee advocacy program
- Share your inbound sales knowledge by contributing to the SmartBug blog and webinar series.
- Rock the future customer experience by demonstrating your inbound expertise to identify pains and architect solutions that are best for the customer’s business needs.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Have fun and make some great friends!
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without employer sponsorship is required
- Minimum 3 years experience running a consultative sales process or delivering consultative marketing strategy, preferably a B.A. or B.S. degree in related field
- The desire to meet and exceed quotas for all of SmartBug’s lines of business.
- Working knowledge of CRM best practices and sales enablement tools.
- Superior communication skills, whether on video conference, phone calls, in-person, or written communication.
- The ability to assess business problems and prescribe solutions as they relate to sales and marketing initiatives for our clients.
- An innate hunger and the self-discipline to grow, as well as a willingness to help others succeed.
- Alignment with our values
- Inbound marketing, inbound sales, HubSpot marketing, and HubSpot sales certifications preferred.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, startup-like environment.
- Experience selling marketing services.
- Experience purchasing marketing services and/or managing agency relationships as a client.
- Experience working remotely preferred
- Ability to travel at least 1x per year to our annual conference
- Application submission
- Video application submission
- Phone screen with HR
- Video call with hiring team
- Reference checking
- Final video interview with SmartBug’s CEO
Our Extensive Employee Benefits Program Includes:
- Generous compensation package with performance incentives
- Health insurance with company contribution
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Paid vacation
- Paid time off
- 401(k) with employer matching
- Flexible spend plan
- Company-funded short-term disability and life insurance
- Long-term disability
- Annual leadership conference, SmartBugapalooza
- Training budget
- The flexibility of working remotely
About SmartBug Media™
SmartBug Media™ is a globally recognized Intelligent Inbound™ marketing agency that assists businesses in growing revenue through content marketing, sales enablement, web development, marketing automation, and PR. For more than 10 years, SmartBug™ has helped businesses increase qualified leads, close customers, and enhance the reach and loyalty of their brands. We’re one of a handful of HubSpot Diamond partners in the world, the highest-rated agency in the history of the HubSpot ecosystem, and were named HubSpot’s Global Partner of the Year in 2018. With five Comparably awards won in 2018 and certification as a “Great Place to Work” for the second year in a row, it’s clear that it’s not just our clients that like us.