SoLo Funds is on a mission to help the millions of Americans that live paycheck to paycheck and can’t survive a money crunch. Launched in 2018 as a unique and proprietary lending marketplace, today SoLo is the leading alternative financial solution providing the fastest loans available for borrowers and the opportunity for lenders to earn significant returns. We are a VC funded Fintech company backed by Techstars, and have partnerships with Visa and Kiva.
As Senior Software Engineer you will play a pivotal role in the architecture and programming of our mobile applications and backend systems. We’re looking for someone who is a creative problem solver, can think out-of-the-box, and can thrive in a fast-moving, creative company. You will help us grow the next set of future architects and be instrumental in expanding our team.
This is a hands-on role and will require significant research and software development efforts. If you are a self-motivated individual with an exceptional level of attention-to-detail then this is right for you!
What You’ll Do
- Drive technical decisions within the company that align with the product roadmap and growth trajectory of the company
- Work with engineering team to design a modern, scalable technical architecture and be a hands on builder
- Review high level product features for technical feasibility and make technical recommendations
- Participate in performing technical due-diligence on potential partners and third party vendors for integration
- Load and performance test applications and identify areas for optimization across the entire technology stack
- Be a mentor to more junior developers working on your projects, by setting development schedules, delegating tasks, and reviewing code
- Develop and enforce development standards and best practices for the engineering teams
- Work closely with backend and frontend engineers
- Participate and provide feedback in brainstorming sessions and scoping meetings
- 7+ years of experience in software development. We use Golang, Java, and Swift
- Extensive experience with development across all application layers (data, business logic, user interface development)
- Extensive experience with Git
- Extensive experience with unit and integration testing
- Extensive experience with load and performance testing
- Experience with distributed architecture and containerization, event streaming, and microservices
- Experience with MySQL
- Adherence to database infrastructure/design best practices
- Experience in API development, database and middle tier component design
- Test Driven Development, mocking frameworks, dependency injection
- Drive and ability to learn new technologies and adapt to new projects
- Ability to clearly communicate technical challenges to business units
- Business-level English proficiency
- Mobile (iOS and Android) experience
- Experience with AWS services
About SoLo Funds
Launched in 2018 as a unique and proprietary lending marketplace, today SoLo is the leading alternative financial solution providing the fastest loan option to borrowers and option for lenders to obtain significant value. We’re on a mission to provide the most intelligent (affordable + financially empowering) option for funds and banking services by leveraging the best technologies in the world.
Unlimited Vacation Time
Full Healthcare Benefits