At TRM, we’re on a mission to build a safer financial system for billions of people around the globe. Our next-generation platform, which combines threat intelligence with machine learning, enables financial institutions and governments to detect cryptocurrency fraud and financial crime on an unprecedented scale.
The Internal Tools Engineering team is responsible for building a comprehensive set of features, frameworks, and functionalities for internal-facing teams to successfully execute and scale TRMâs business.
We are looking for a pragmatic backend or full stack engineer who can build reliable and scalable cloud-based tools that will be used by every team at TRM and scale with our global business. Youâll also design backend APIs with a deep understanding of the customer experience. As an early member of the Internal Tools team, you will be deeply involved in the technical details along with our operational processes to champion the velocity, quality, and overall impact of TRM, ultimately building a safer financial system for billions of people.
Your responsibilities will include
- A commitment to writing clear and maintainable code with craftsmanship
- Demonstrated skills in understanding customer pain points and bridging their needs to technical & product requirements
- Collaborate with stakeholders on transforming a functional vision into a tangible roadmap with clear outcomes
- Support and enable internal business units through shared engineering services and functionalities
- Work on complex engineering problems that build the foundation for other teams to succeed such as critical dashboards and infrastructure for internal analytics.
- Develop cross-functional relationships with stakeholders across the organization to understand and empower their mission from end to end.
Some of the traits we value:
- Experience designing and building scalable systems, web applications, APIs, and services.
- An understanding of storage systems such as relational databases and analytical databases (e.g., Postgres)
- A high degree of initiative and ownership, combined with the ability to navigate ambiguity and adapt quickly to change.
- Exceptional ability to structure problems and identify the most critical issues to prioritize.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences, verbally and in writing.
- Experience working collaboratively in a cross-functional environment with a diverse group of people at all levels in an organization.
TRM Labs is a blockchain intelligence company that helps financial institutions, crypto businesses and government agencies detect and investigate crypto-related financial crime and fraud. Our products are trusted by leading companies including PayPal, Visa, FTX, Uniswap, Anchorage, and federal agencies such as the FBI and Dept. of Treasury. Every day, we tackle challenges in data engineering, data science, and threat intelligence to advance our mission to build a safer financial system for billions of people.
To accomplish our mission, we have raised nearly $80M from JPMorgan Chase, Visa, Citi, PayPal, Block, Tiger Global and Bessemer. Our team is made up of world class experts from the FBI, U.S. Secret Service, US Treasury Department, McKinsey, Coinbase, and top-tier tech companies.
TRM is a remote-first workplace, with hubs in San Francisco, Washington, DC and London. We are looking for people with grit, passion, and humility to join our global team.
- Impact Oriented Trailblazer – We define high-impact targets through customer centricity, prioritization, and adaptability.
- Master Craftsperson – We execute efficiently to achieve goals through good judgment, velocity, and grit.
- Inspiring Colleague – We elevate team performance through integrity, apprenticeship, and positive energy.
Our Employee Benefits
- Remote-first work environment, with optional in-person offices
- Regular team off-sites and retreats
- Competitive salaries and stock options
- Premium health, dental, and vision insurance
- FSA, HSA, and 401K programs
- Life & disability coverage
- Paid time for vacations, volunteering, sick leave, and generous parental leave
- Fitness, co-working, and home office reimbursements
- Professional learning and development stipends
We encourage you to reach out even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description. Do not worry about picking exactly the right job; we can always explore other options after starting the conversation. Your passion and interests will set you apart, especially if your background or career is unconventional. Join us!