Otus offers a seamless K-12 learning platform for administrators, teachers, students, and families. We do this by implementing amazing ideas from awesome people and we need more awesomeness on our team. Are you passionate, collaborative, love to geek out on technology, and want to work for a mission-driven company that is shaping the way teachers, students and parents of students learn together? If so, we want to hear from you.
Our diverse team consists of talented designers, developers, coaches, and leaders who share a variety of interests. You’ll find musicians, world travelers, beer enthusiasts, nerds, sports fans, and all-around great people who shape our positive culture.
We are looking for a talented and highly motivated Technical Program Manager to help bring the best possible software solutions to educators.
As an early member of a growing team, you must possess a strong work ethic and be upbeat, driven, intelligent, well-organized, articulate, share a passion for learning new technology, and thrive in a fun, fast-paced environment.
You will have the opportunity to immediately contribute and see results of your work in use by students, teachers, parents and district administrators across the country.
- Work across several of our technology teams through the entire project lifecycle and own the Agile delivery process from beginning to end
- Technical analysis and documentation in conjunction with the teams
- Work with product managers and delivery team leadership to build and run delivery and project management
- Identify process risks and clearly communicate them to project stakeholders.
- You’re equally at home explaining your team’s analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical trade-offs with engineers and designers.
- Release management and technical support processes within the delivery teams
- Work with team members to alleviate project bottlenecks
- Facilitate and optimize the processes with your squads
- In conjunction with leadership, define and measure the performance of teams against roadmap and agile metrics (eg commit vs complete)
- We value humility, a strong work ethic, flexibility, collaboration, technical curiosity, and constant learning
- Experience managing complex data, artificial intelligence/machine learning, and/or infrastructure projects and capable of understanding architectures and systems
- Ability to absorb complex concepts and organize them
- Attention to detail and pride in project quality
- Demonstrable experience owning and leading an Agile delivery process across multiple squads or projects
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Highly motivated, passionate, and self-driven
- Previous Agile project management experience
- Superb problem-solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary, professional development spending, and a budget for home office setup
- 20 PTO days a year, plus a day off for your birthday (or a loved one’s), an interest day (to do something you love), and paid holidays
- Up to 12 weeks of parental leave and great work/life balance
- Otus is a “remote first” company. Our team works remotely from the comfort of their homes (HQ in Chicago)
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life Insurance and disability benefits
- 401K with an employer match (up to 4%)
Click Here to Apply Now! *Also, Make Sure to Include That You Heard About this Role from GlobalCareer.io
Is the Technical Program Manager Not a Perfect Fit?
Struggling to land your remote dream job? If you are struggling to find a remote job and want paid assistance you can apply for our Remote Life Program here.
Click Here to Download The Top 100 Remote Companies E-Book W/ Remote Industry Insights.