Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Who we want
- Patient-oriented achievers. Engineers with an unparalleled work ethic and customer-focused attitude who bring value to their partnerships.
- Charismatic networkers. Relationship-savvy people who intentionally make connections with both internal partners and external contacts.
- Challengers & Influencers. People who constantly challenge themselves and each other to achieve more & to win the right way.
- Teammates. Partners who listen to ideas, share thoughts and work together to move the business forward.
What you will do
As a Technical Writer, you will develop, write, edit, and maintain technical documentation and marketing material. This position can be based out of remote office in the US.
- Produces and maintains product documentation including but not limited to design specifications, user manuals/guides, training materials, proposals, reports, and on-line help.
- Writes or provides editing assistance for application bulletins, BETA program material, and other technical, customer support, and marketing products.
- Ensures timely completion of quality documentation for all products.
- Provides writing, editing, and electronic publishing services to product teams/departments.
- Analyzes products to determine user information needs.
- Coordinates documentation requirements with project, engineering, and test managers.
- Researches, writes, edits, compiles, revises, and reviews end-user documentation.
- Creates effective graphics, flow charts, and diagrams for inclusion in documentation.
- Edits and proofreads technical materials using standard editing marks.
- Analyzes documentation products and generates initiatives to improve quality, reduce customer service costs, and decrease customer support calls.
- Analyzes departmental processes and recommends improvements.
- Prioritizes and manages multiple projects within design specifications and budget restrictions.
- Interacts and collaborates effectively with internal and external team members to assure needs of the company are met.
- Assists in project planning; provides reports and updates as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Familiar with InDesign/Adobe FrameMaker.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and clearly in writing.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent grammatical and spelling skills.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects.
- Ability to work on complex projects with general direction and minimal guidance.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
- Ability to utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information, and/or use a keyboard.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to collect, interpret, and/or analyze complex data and information.
Click Here to Apply Now! *Also, Make Sure to Include That You Heard About this Role from GlobalCareer.io
Is the Technical Writer Not a Perfect Fit?
Struggling to land your remote dream job? If you are struggling to find a remote job and want paid assistance you can apply for our Remote Life Program here.
Click Here to Download The Top 100 Remote Companies E-Book W/ Remote Industry Insights.