Headquarters: Austin, Texas
At Uptime.com, we pride ourselves on fostering a culture of flexibility and work-life balance. We understand that a happy workforce leads to increased productivity and better results. We are committed to driving innovation through our product-led approach.
Our people are at the heart of our success. We invest in the growth and development of our team members, providing them with the support and resources they need to excel in their roles.
Inclusion and diversity are core values at Uptime.com. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment where all individuals are respected, and valued and have equal opportunities to succeed. We believe that diversity strengthens our team, drives innovation, and helps us better serve our customers.
Join our team and be part of the rocket ship! Uptime.com is growing more than 100% year-over-year and accelerating, and we’re looking for a talented member to help continue building out our industry-leading, award-winning & customer-pleasing monitoring solution.
For this role, Uptime.com is looking for a talented member to help continue to build out our industry-leading, award-winning & customer-pleasing monitoring solution. Uptime.com is collaborative, has interesting and elegant tech and our customers love us!
Check out our Uptime.com Reviews & Product Details.
This is a remote work position. We’re a team of unicorns – if you think you are too, tell us why!
Why we need you
We are building the next-generation availability monitoring platform and rapidly growing our user experience and user interface team. Our focus is on our growing customer base as we develop features for SREs and developers in small and medium businesses, with plans to scale up to the enterprise level.
We are seeking a UX/UI Design Manager to lead our product team and create an exceptional user experience for our customers. The ideal candidate has experience shaping customer journeys and is excited to build and grow the Uptime UX/UI design team.
What you will do
- Oversee the design, user experience, and visual style of Uptime sites, including marketing and core product pages.
- Lead, mentor, and develop a growing team of UX/UI designers to generate ideas, prototype, and test with business owners.
- Collaborate with Product Development teams to build out and maintain an Uptime design language and components library.
- Lead the design team to build the next-generation cloud-native user experience and implement the next-generation responsive interface.
- You will be hands-on leading and designing both web and mobile application experiences and defining our UI/UX improvements.
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to ensure information and site content reflects our product capabilities across the platform.
- Collaborate with the Support team, Product Managers, and Marketing team to ensure that the customer’s voice is considered in all design decisions.
- Responsible for user experience testing and presenting results to key stakeholders.
- Educate the product team (Product, Development and Marketing) on how to ensure a best-in-class user experience across our platform.
- Offer thought leadership and guidance to the product team to ensure that the end-to-end experience is seamless, customer-focused, and solves problems faced by our customers.
What you will need
- Prior experience in managing a fully remote design team.
- Proficiency in implementing high-fidelity designs accurately in HTML, Flutter, CSS, and Sass with Bootstrap in Figma.
- ReactJS experience.
- Experience with mobile application development in flutter and other mobile frameworks.
- Ability to define a next-generation design language to set us apart from competitors.
- Talent for creating visually appealing data visualizations for large datasets.
- Track record of improving data elements, visuals, and experience for a wide, complex, and technical customer base.
- Strong communication skills and ability to defend designs, collaborate with others across the organization, and advocate chosen designs and solutions.
- Prior experience working in a high-growth, fast-paced environment with multiple parallel projects.
- Driving bottom-up innovation and new feature capabilities in an agile development environment & writing user stories that represent the design requirements.
You have the ability to think at a high level about product strategy but also act with speed and precision to deliver the tactical components required to deliver the solution in a UI/UX framework consumed across the platform.
How we will support your growth and success:
- Partner with executives, leadership, and cross-functional organization including engineering, marketing, and business operations.
- Professional development opportunities to further skills and knowledge
- Discover the exciting world of monitoring, observability, and SRE while becoming an advocate and driving innovation in the industry.
- A supportive team of passionate and dedicated individuals all focused on building the best monitoring service in the world.