NDWA Labs is the innovation arm of the National Domestic Workers Alliance, one of the country’s leading progressive social movement organizations. At NDWA Labs, we’re building products that transform domestic work jobs into good jobs by bringing respect, living wages, and benefits to an invisible, undervalued, and vulnerable part of the economy. Rather than optimizing within the status quo, NDWA Labs leverages tech to disrupt power and fundamentally change the ways in which work is organized and paid, for the millions of women and immigrants in the domestic work industry. Our first product, Alia Benefits, helps workers set up a safety net that stays with them, even if they switch jobs. In the current moment, we have partnered with Google.org to take Alia a step further to directly help those most impacted by COVID-19.
We are looking for a User Experience Designer to oversee the design and implementation of Alia Benefits. Your role as a User Experience Designer will be to envision how people will experience the product and bring that vision to life. The problems you’ll be working on will be intellectually challenging and you’ll be collaborating with experienced developers, product managers, and thought leaders in the world of disruptive policy change. You’ll be delivering your work in a lean product development environment and will have the freedom to lead innovation based on your own expertise.
This is a unique opportunity to leverage technology for good and create meaningful and lasting change in the lives of some of the most vulnerable workers in the country, many of whom are immigrant women of color. Due to the COVID crisis, there is a surge of interest in models that expand the safety net to ensure a fair future of work for everyone. You will be leading a team that reinvents and expands the safety net to millions of workers who have never had access to one.
- Lead the design and oversee the development of the Alia Benefits mobile application.
- Partner with product managers to define product requirements and strategy.
- Gather feedback from users and direct the team in incorporating it into the product.
- Lead collaborative workshops to help team members identify opportunities, develop concepts, and identify success criteria.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Computer Interaction, Design, UX, or related discipline or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with designing and delivering experiences on both desktop and mobile.
- Design portfolio, with experience designing web and mobile applications.
- Master’s degree in Human Computer Interaction, Design, UX, or related discipline.
- Ability to lead a team through the process of developing products from scratch and improve features using a user-centered design process
- Experience in information architecture and creating conceptual models that people find intuitive and understandable.
- Strong visual design skills and experience communicating user interfaces with high fidelity mockups and prototypes.
- Research planning and moderating skills and experience running remote usability sessions.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex concepts across different different audiences and varying levels of the organization, and influencing product design strategy.
- Experience working in a small startup environment building end-user facing products.
- Bilingual English/Spanish
Click Here to Apply Now! *Also, Make Sure to Include That You Heard About this Role from GlobalCareer.io
Is the User Experience Designer Not a Perfect Fit?
Struggling to land your remote dream job? If you are struggling to find a remote job and want paid assistance you can apply for our Remote Life Program here.
Click Here to Download The Top 100 Remote Companies E-Book W/ Remote Industry Insights.